What's new

Dontrelle named Opening Day starter

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
Not exactly shocking news, but Fredi announced it this morning at camp.

Bret Hart

No.1 Korean Fish Fan
Reaction score
I've been expecting it. It's True.

rferry

Muckdog
Reaction score
About time! I don't understand why this organization puts off the obvious. By not announcing Dontrelle the opening day starter earlier, the organization showed a lack of trust in Dontrelle that will surely be returned in the future. Why does this organization continually test the limits of its star players? Dontrelle should be given the opening day role from here to his final years with the Marlins. He's by far our best pitcher and he has experience and attracts fans. And what better day to attract fans than opening day? I pay an incredible amount for my founders club seats for any other pitcher to hold that honor. More than Mets fans located three relative sections behind me! Not that the midget and the poorest owner ever cares. They want they're money and they're willing to screw over taxpayers, fans and Dontrelle in the process. And while I'm at it, Joe Capozzi was on top of this story. The Palm Beach Post once again proves it's the only true media outlet that supports the Marlins. Where is Berardino on this story? Probably hanging out with noted Marlins' hater Ken Rosenthal in tracking the Sun-Sentinel affiliated Chicago Cubs. While, true that Dontrelle is immature and overrated, he's better than Mitre or Petit any day of the week. But if it should have been any one else though, it should have been VandenHurk, who has the stuff to make the big leagues and is at most 3 months away from joining the rotation. He signed my baseball after a game once unlike that punk Olsen. Go Marlins.

:)

prinmemito

Muckdog
Reaction score
Someone must have hijacked RFerry's screenname... that's not how RFerry writes.

OldSand

Muckdog
Reaction score
About time! I don't understand why this organization puts off the obvious. By not announcing Dontrelle the opening day starter earlier, the organization showed a lack of trust in Dontrelle that will surely be returned in the future. Why does this organization continually test the limits of its star players? Dontrelle should be given the opening day role from here to his final years with the Marlins. He's by far our best pitcher and he has experience and attracts fans. And what better day to attract fans than opening day? I pay an incredible amount for my founders club seats for any other pitcher to hold that honor. More than Mets fans located three relative sections behind me! Not that the midget and the poorest owner ever cares. They want they're money and they're willing to screw over taxpayers, fans and Dontrelle in the process. And while I'm at it, Joe Capozzi was on top of this story. The Palm Beach Post once again proves it's the only true media outlet that supports the Marlins. Where is Berardino on this story? Probably hanging out with noted Marlins' hater Ken Rosenthal in tracking the Sun-Sentinel affiliated Chicago Cubs. While, true that Dontrelle is immature and overrated, he's better than Mitre or Petit any day of the week. But if it should have been any one else though, it should have been VandenHurk, who has the stuff to make the big leagues and is at most 3 months away from joining the rotation. He signed my baseball after a game once unlike that punk Olsen. Go Marlins.

lol

Eddie Altamonte

Muckdog
Reaction score

Ferry need to start laying off the mojitos, Dude!...No rumrunners either

TheDon

Muckdog
Reaction score

I agree that is not his writing style but the really long paragraph that starts to look blurry is very RFerrry-esque.

jackarmstrong

Muckdog
Reaction score
what surprises me a little is that, given Dontrelle is our ace, we put Olsen at #2 - I'd think that we'd avoid putting the lefties back-to-back, instead go Willis-Sanchez-Olsen-Nolasco-?

According to the website, we're doing it because of the specific matchups against division rivals.

Skully

Muckdog
Reaction score
Yeah, looks like Fredi was looking at matchups beyond the first series of the season. Pretty impressive, if you ask me. Most managers worry about teams facing two lefties on back to back days, but for some teams, that's a good thing... I like the looking forward approach.. Plus, I think the whole thing with two lefties back to back is a crock... If I'm a hitter, just cause you threw a lefty at me one day, doesn't mean I'm gonna be all screwed up the next day facing a righty. That's one of the most overrated strategies in the history of the world.

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
while it's 2 lefties back to back, Dontrelle isn't exactly your typical lefthander

Shamrock

Muckdog
Reaction score
what surprises me a little is that, given Dontrelle is our ace, we put Olsen at #2 - I'd think that we'd avoid putting the lefties back-to-back, instead go Willis-Sanchez-Olsen-Nolasco-?

According to the website, we're doing it because of the specific matchups against division rivals.
makes sense. a lot of our division's best hitters are lefties

Lefty

Muckdog
Reaction score
I haven't ever been a big fan of the so-called correlation between success and alternating lefties in the rotation. It's almost like one of those 'momentum arguments.

pierremvp1

Muckdog
Reaction score

I agree that is not his writing style but the really long paragraph that starts to look blurry is very RFerrry-esque.
:thumbup Yes, only RFerry can induce that blurry semi-nauesous state. It's him. Besides, you have to ask yourself who would bother posting under his name in this forum?

Marlin Nation

Muckdog
Reaction score
Willis and Olsen being back-to-back in the rotation is good not because they are both lefties but because they are two best available pitchers. I always want my best pitcher on the mound in any situation to hell if they are lefty or righty.

rferry

Muckdog
Reaction score
:thumbup Yes, only RFerry can induce that blurry semi-nauesous state. It's him. Besides, you have to ask yourself who would bother posting under his name in this forum?
Sheesh. I thought I'd have a little fun and parody a few members on a bland topic. But I guess some people can't let old grudges die.

pierremvp1

Muckdog
Reaction score
Sheesh. I thought I'd have a little fun and parody a few members on a bland topic. But I guess some people can't let old grudges die.
C'mon, I was just having a little fun myself. I agree, it was a bland topic. Your humor needs work but it was appreciated. It's like sex, you get better with practice. And any grudges have died long ago.

Top Bottom