What's new

Dontrelle to be a daddy

Shaq-Man

Muckdog
Reaction score
Reports are that he has brought along wads of one-dollar bills for the delivery room post-party.

Willis to become a father

Wife will be induced today

By Juan C. Rodriguez
South Florida Sun-Sentinel
Posted April 23 2007

MIAMI GARDENS ? Dontrelle Willis will make a significant departure from his pre-start routine.

Before pitching against the Braves tonight, Willis must tend to the business of fatherhood. His wife, Natalee, is being induced today.

"As long as the baby is healthy and she's all right, I'm good," Willis said. "I'm trying to be poised for her. The more she sees me like that, the better it is. ... I'm excited, but it's been 10 months. As soon as I heard she was pregnant I was ready to have the baby."

Willis didn't realize his wife's scheduled inducing coincided with today's outing until five days ago. He said he never considered reworking his start dates.

"That's just how it played out," Willis said. "She has her whole family here. It might have been different if we were in Milwaukee, but everybody she needs is in town so she just told me to go out there and be happy.

"I never had my father in my life, so it's a little different mind-set for myself than other people I guess. I've already been through crappy times without having a father in my life, so I'm thinking about just being there for the kid. ... It's life changing. It's already been life changing."
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/basebal...-sports-marlins

prinmemito

Muckdog
Reaction score
I smell another bad game. He's got other things on his mind.

FreshFish

Muckdog
Reaction score
Having a baby (especially the first) is very stressful and draining. I think Fredi should skip Dontrelle.

Marlins Phenom

Muckdog
Reaction score
I think Dontrelle should skip his start and be there with his wife and family.

Eddie Altamonte

Muckdog
Reaction score
It's up to DT if he wants to skip his start...i believe the D-Train will be rolling on his next start!

louiecastillo1

Muckdog
Reaction score
Congrats to him. (rest of this message was deleted due to inappropriate comments)

louiecastillo1

Muckdog
Reaction score
Castillo why did you have to go there? It wasn't even funny

Just my opinion.

DelGOT2Rings

Muckdog
Reaction score
D-Train should not be pitching, even if he wants to pitch. This should be a directive from Loria himself. If your wife is being induced, the baby is coming within 24 hours. Only bad things could happen by him pitching, namely a bad outing or he misses the birth of his child. Either way, let's pretend like we're a first class organization that puts people in front of dollars, and tell Willis that, while the organization appreciates his willingness to pitch on his scheduled start, there are more important things in life - like the birth of your first born. Just my two cents.

Shaq-Man

Muckdog
Reaction score
Eh, Rob Mackowiak had one helluva doubleheader the day his son was born.

Granted, pitching is a much tougher task, but I'm curious to see how Dontrelle responds. Having other things on your mind isn't always a bad thing in sports.

Ns2003

Muckdog
Reaction score

Granted, pitching is a much tougher task, but I'm curious to see how Dontrelle responds. Having other things on your mind isn't always a bad thing in sports.

exactly, maybe he'll be inspired and feel driven by his new son to find that extra gear to make the perfect pitch!

I am happy for D-Train, anyone else want to wager this kid becomes one heck of an athlete?

TheDon

Muckdog
Reaction score
I hope everything goes well for Dontrelle, his wife and their newborn.

I think he has a strong game. He didnt have his A game last start and he's probably pretty pumped up and positive about his new addition to the family.

BroncoBob27

Muckdog
Reaction score

exactly, maybe he'll be inspired and feel driven by his new son to find that extra gear to make the perfect pitch!

Going to be a daughter actually. And if he wants to pitch, let him pitch. If we were out of town, that would be different.
Here's a quote from the PBP:

"After the game he spoke with reporters, showered, and followed his mother to the hospital. His wife was expected to be induced some time after he arrived.
'I brought some DVDs', Willis said. 'She told me to bring some funny stuff.'
Before he left the ball park Gonzalez gave Willis the lineup card."

Actually there is alot more to the article. Pretty good read.

every1lovesme

Muckdog
Reaction score

Going to be a daughter actually. And if he wants to pitch, let him pitch. If we were out of town, that would be different.
Here's a quote from the PBP:

"After the game he spoke with reporters, showered, and followed his mother to the hospital. His wife was expected to be induced some time after he arrived.
'I brought some DVDs', Willis said. 'She told me to bring some funny stuff.'
Before he left the ball park Gonzalez gave Willis the lineup card."

Actually there is alot more to the article. Pretty good read.

where is that article found???

Top Bottom