What's new

Dontrelle Willis will "definitely be traded"

Hammerhead

Muckdog
Reaction score
Mentioned on SportsCenter's MLB Doubleheader segment. Says he will be traded and likely to an American League club because the Marlins want to keep Miguel Cabrera.

He writes for the New York Post so take it for what it's worth.

FishFanInPA

Good....trade him while he has any value....I'm surprised he's still worth all of the talk because he's sucked lately.

MarlinFan10

Muckdog
Reaction score
I'd do it while he has max value. Otherwise, he'd just leave eventually in free agency.

However in the case of Miguel, they better do everything possible to keep him in teal and black.

Flamarlins3

Muckdog
Reaction score
He writes for the New York Post so take it for what it's worth.
Pretty sure the NY Post had Dontrelle traded 3 years ago

I'd do it while he has max value. Otherwise, he'd just leave eventually in free agency.

However in the case of Miguel, they better do everything possible to keep him in teal and black.

agreed

FlummoxedLummox

I probably won't take a Miguel trade very well.

Beinfest4Prez

Muckdog
Reaction score
This is the New York Post. A tabloid.

I can't believe ESPN uses them as an official source. rofl.

Fishfan79

Muckdog
Reaction score
everyone else has rumored it, sure one more.

Either way an elite CF, a good catching prospect and something else works for me.

Still like seattle if Clement can learn to hit, That Adam Jones kid looks great.

fishfan25

Muckdog
Reaction score
hes gonna go eventully (money is power) so might as well get something back for him.

i would hate to see dontrelle go though.

Backin2008

Muckdog
Reaction score
I just hope that if the report is right that the Marlins indeed trade him to the American League. Maybe Beinfest learned his lesson after watching Carlos Delgado and Paul LoDuca repeatedly pound the Marlins. I don't care if the Braves or Mets would give the Marlins more......I don't like the idea of the D-Train starting 5 games against us in the future.

The_Godfather

Muckdog
Reaction score
Boog Sciambi, who's opinion on the Marlins is one of the few I trust had a great point about us trading Dontrelle and Cabs. He talked to Beinfest recently and Admin basically said that last year he felt the Marlins would not compete,hinted at the fact that this year they probably shouldn't be able to compete but fully expects them to compete and make the playoffs in 2008. That has always been the plan from the beginning.

So why would they trade Cabs and Dontrelle now when they are both under team control next year and they expect to make the playoffs next year?

Backin2008

Muckdog
Reaction score
Because those two will get $25 million or more between them in arbitration next season. It's always easy to spend other people's money.

Someguy150

Muckdog
Reaction score
It might suck to see one of our big faces leave, but I'm happy to hear he'd go to an AL team.

Bucklin12

Muckdog
Reaction score
I would love to get Brian Barton from the Indians since they are locked up in the outfield. If they would throw up a good pitching prospect or 2, I would send Dontrelle over there in a heartbeat.

The_Godfather

Muckdog
Reaction score
I would love to get Brian Barton from the Indians since they are locked up in the outfield. If they would throw up a good pitching prospect or 2, I would send Dontrelle over there in a heartbeat.

:thumbdown

Barton is a low B level prospect who should not be the centerpiece for any Dontrelle trade. Come on now.

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score

Barton is a low B level prospect who should not be the centerpiece for any Dontrelle trade. Come on now.
Took the words right out of my mouth

anyway 2008, like many of us have said, is our year :thumbup

TheDon

Muckdog
Reaction score
Good....trade him while he has any value....I'm surprised he's still worth all of the talk because he's sucked lately.

Yawn

:lol :lol :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Are we talking about the same Brian Barton with the career .318/.420/.498 stat line and 70 SB to 22 CS(76% success rate) in the minors? The one who is 25?

Because if that is the same Brian Barton you have no idea what your talking about.

Not saying I want to trade Dontrelle to acquire him, but "low b level prospect" is a laughable terminology.

Top Bottom