What's new

Ebay

marlins02

Im trying to buy tickets to a soldout event so Im going through Ebay but Ive never used it before. I found what i want but Im kinda nervous, like i said ive never used it and im kinda afraid of getting ripped off. I guess what im asking is Ebay safe? anyone had issues with it? any responses would be appreciated.

Passion

Muckdog
Reaction score
I've bought 20-25 assorted items off Ebay from 10 bucks to 450+.

If the seller has a good rating and is imformative, there is no reason not to go for it.

1truefan

Muckdog
Reaction score
if you don't trust ebay, use www.stubhub.com

used them plenty of times and it's safer and with more buyer protection

JetsMania

Muckdog
Reaction score
I've never had a problem with ebay. I have been a memeber since 2000 and have 80+ transactions and never once had a problem. The only time I would worry a little bit is if the person who is selling has a rating of 0.

Izzie

Muckdog
Reaction score
i think stubhub is way too overpriced. i've bought a lot of heat playoff tickets from ebay in the past and i've never had any issues. like fox said, you just have to make sure they have a good rating. also, check through their feedback and any that's negative to see what it says. i'm assuming it's pricey what you want so i personally would be iffy if the person has only sold a couple of items. i just always personally feel better if they're power sellers or have sold a reasonable amount.

Passion

Muckdog
Reaction score
If its a sporting event you may want to be careful, I know my brother bought NHL Playoff Hockey tickets off Ebay and the seat number was shown and when he went to the game, they blacklisted him because of ticket scalping.

Fish4Life

Muckdog
Reaction score
Ebay can be really safe or it could sometimes be a scam... Do your research on the seller... click on his feedback and see what other buyers have said. Ive been on ebay for 4+ years and Ive yet to come across a problem...

BTW what event is it?

marlins02

Thanks for all the feedback guys, i appreciate it. ive been searching and i found what i want and i feel a little more confident after reading hte posts and checking on the seller's feedbacks but i gotta coordinate with the other person because the concert's on a different night than she thought it was... that and the prices God damn lol.

The_Punisher

Muckdog
Reaction score
Ebay is a safe place to buy but aslong as you use paypal! If a seller doesn't give you item as promised or never sends it out to you, there is an option to dispute item, and do to my experiences the buyer ALWAYS WINS. TRUST ME!

Dodge

Muckdog
Reaction score
I have bought 6 or 7 things on Ebay, from a light switch cover to an electric guitar. The only problem I had was with the guitar because the guy wrote that it was a Strat, but it wasn't, it was a Fender Squier Bullet and it just looked like a Strat. I didn't pay much at all for it though so I kept it.

MiRi

Muckdog
Reaction score
When I saw U2, I got my tickets on eBay. All I can tell you is pretty much what everyone else has said. Read the seller's feedback.

Top Bottom