What's new

Eddie Jones Returns

fauowls44

Muckdog
Reaction score
Per ESPN.

No prblem at all bringing Eddie back in a reserve role, but it does give the Heat a number of similar players...Eddie, Posey, Wright, Kapono. You'd have to think Posey and his expiring contract is the most likely to be moved.

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
very cool, solid player, good person

Fishfan79

Muckdog
Reaction score
less time for wright.

Gotta have a trade coming up for a PG here in the future.

Reaction score
Wow... I don't follow basketball a lot... but I didn't really expect this at all...

Mabdul Doobakus

Muckdog
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with the move, obviously. If he can still play great D, then he's a solid addition. If he can't, then this is probably meaningless, since Posey and Kapono are better shooters.

JonDigital

Muckdog
Reaction score
I'm a huge EJ fan so I would welcome him back even if it was just to sit on the bench all season.

Nice addition.

McFly

Muckdog
Reaction score
Good to see Eddie back. I'm thinking he can contribute now more than he did in 04-05 seeing how he's not going to be the 3rd option, but maybe the 5th or 6th. Good pick up. I never wanted him out of town to begin with, but you can't argue with the results that the trade brought along with it. :thumbup

EDIT: Jones is most likely to join Dallas according to The Herald.

fauowls44

Muckdog
Reaction score
Good to see Eddie back. I'm thinking he can contribute now more than he did in 04-05 seeing how he's not going to be the 3rd option, but maybe the 5th or 6th. Good pick up. I never wanted him out of town to begin with, but you can't argue with the results that the trade brought along with it. :thumbup

EDIT: Jones is most likely to join Dallas according to The Herald.

I read that as well. So ESPN says Heat, and the Herald says maybe Dallas. I'm going with the ESPN source for now. The Mavs don't really make much sense for Jones. They have a lot of depth at the 2 and 3 positions. Given that he's from South Florida, played here for years, and the Heat's current need for backcourt help, he seems like a natural fit. You never know though. I'm waiting to see Ira Winderman's take.

TSwift25

Muckdog
Reaction score
If this ends up getting finalized, I'd expect to see Posey dealt.

Wild Card

Muckdog
Reaction score
Met him once at the Hard Rock before he got traded, real nice guy.

Good poker player, too... He won two tournaments in a row when I was there.

Top Bottom