What's new

EL-P/El-Producto

Passion

Muckdog
Reaction score
Anyone a fan?

I've been listening to his 2nd solo album - I'll Sleep When You Are Dead - a ton lately. It came out legally last Tuesday. I absolutely love it. In my top handful of albums of the year so far. Anyone who says Rap/Hip-Hop is dead needs to broaden their horizons and get their head out of the mainstream stuff only.

Mabdul Doobakus

Muckdog
Reaction score
I liked a couple of songs off Fantastic Damage. I guess I should check this out. I've heard only good things about the new album.

Passion

Muckdog
Reaction score
Well as far as I'm concerned, Fantastic Damage is a classic so this isn't as good, but that is no knock on this effort.

Very refreshing album in the Rap genre.

2007 has been a stellar year for music so far.

Izzie

Muckdog
Reaction score
It came out legally last Tuesday.

haha i love that we say that nowadays.

TheDon

Muckdog
Reaction score

Laugh it up.

The more $ that is taken out of the pockets of recording artists, the less young people will want to explore music as a career because well............it won't be much of a career because there will be no $ to be made (and I'm not talking huge profits.....I'm talking about not enough to even make ends meet).

Less people choosing music as a career = less ideas and creativity coupled with less competition.

end.of.rant

Fox is right though, there is a lot of good music making its way out these days.

My personal favorite is Under The Influence Of Giants. The track "In The Clouds", is incredible.

Passion

Muckdog
Reaction score
Dude seriously, we know your stance on pirated and illegal sharing of music.

The_Godfather

Muckdog
Reaction score

Laugh it up.

The more $ that is taken out of the pockets of recording artists, the less young people will want to explore music as a career because well............it won't be much of a career because there will be no $ to be made (and I'm not talking huge profits.....I'm talking about not enough to even make ends meet).

Less people choosing music as a career = less ideas and creativity coupled with less competition.

end.of.rant

Man thats ridiculous. Their will always be a ton of money to be made in music if you commercially talented no matter how much music is stolen. I highly doubt 13 year old future talented music superstars are sitting in a basement saying "aw man lets not start a band because those darn college kids are going to possibly steal a % of our music online"

You learn to play a guitar/any music for the girls and for the hobby. If you're good enough to make money doing it...even better.

That's like saying kids are going to stop playing sports because they realize only 0.001% will ever make millions by shooting a basketball,hitting a baseball,throwing a football, etc etc.

Passion

Muckdog
Reaction score
Thread has become pointless now.

Thanks Don. :thumbup

Top Bottom