What's new

Elijah Dukes Reportedly Threatens To Kill Wife

Passion

Muckdog
Reaction score
Tampa Bay Devil Rays rookie outfielder Elijah Dukes? wife said he threatened to kill her, the St. Petersburg Times reported Wednesday, and she has filed for a restraining order against him twice in the past month.

NiShea Gilbert Dukes said that Dukes has sent her a photo of a handgun to her cell phone and she fears for her life, the newspaper reported.

Gilbert Dukes played a voice mail allegedly from Dukes, the Times reported. "You dead, dawg. I ain't even (expletive)," the angry voice said, the newspaper reported. "Your kids, too."

Dukes declined to comment on the allegations, referring only to a statement from the team, the newspaper reported.

"The end of our marriage is a personal matter for my wife and me," the statement read, the Times reported. "Out of respect for my family, especially my children, I wish to keep our proceedings private."

Gilbert Dukes said she lives "in fear," the newspaper reported. "When (the Devil Rays) go out of town, I come home. When they're at home, I go stay with my mother. I shouldn't have to live like that because he's a baseball player."

The Devil Rays declined comment on the matter, saying they knew nothing of the allegations, the newspaper reported.

Dukes, 22, is in his first season with the Devil Rays. He is batting .231 with eight home runs and 13 RBIs.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18822417/

Passion

Muckdog
Reaction score
I had no idea it was socially unacceptable to send pictures of guns to your wife.

Ya lurn sumthin' new evruh dai!

mafatumatt

Muckdog
Reaction score
what a nutjob. glad we didnt get him in the offseason.

seriously though, this is pretty sad.

fanofthefish

Marlins Historian
Reaction score
So let me get this straight his "wife's" name is Gilbert?!? Hasn't he done jail time? Did he meet Gilbert in jail?
Just another heart warming story on Dukes.

MarlinFan10

Muckdog
Reaction score
Wait, so he threatened to kill his kids to, I've never even heard of someone doing that.

TSwift25

Muckdog
Reaction score
Wait, sos he threatened to kill his kids to, I've never even heard of someone doing that.

I'm assuming they're not his kids, since he calls them "your."

prinmemito

Muckdog
Reaction score
I've had girlfriends call me "playa." Is that as bad?

JonDigital

Muckdog
Reaction score
As long as they don't say I'm going to kill you playa.

prinmemito

Muckdog
Reaction score
As long as they don't say I'm going to kill you playa.

:lol

Passion

Muckdog
Reaction score
Wait, sos he threatened to kill his kids to, I've never even heard of someone doing that.

I'm assuming they're not his kids, since he calls them "your."
Well in that case!

:p

bobbob1313

Muckdog
Reaction score
ZOMG TEH ROIDS MAKE HIM 1337

YEAH DAWG!

What is that picture in your sig supposed to be?

Top Bottom