What's new

ESPN Rates Dolphin's Stadium as Baseball's Worst Stadium

HelmsE

Muckdog
Reaction score
"Cold Plate Special: The Worst Ballpark

Dolphins Stadium: That's what it is, a football stadium turned into a baseball ballpark. It looks even worse when only 10,000 fans show up, which has been often in recent years. The Marlins, with all their good, young players, deserve better than this. They need a new ballpark with a retractable roof for when it's too hot, and because it rains so often there. "One year,'' present Dodgers coach Rich Donnelly said when he was a coach for the Marlins, "we hit inside more than the Astros.''

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/hotstove06/c...&id=2725532

TheDon

Muckdog
Reaction score
I agree 100% and Ive been to many ballparks.

Its the worst for baseball by far in my experience.

Stag5

Muckdog
Reaction score
Dolphins Stadium is an awesome football stadium. A nice stadium for most any event. But its definitly a below average baseball stadium. In a few years we will walk into a stadium that has hired its own concession to sell everything from yearbooks to hotdogs with a baseball flare. We will have a jumbo tron where it makes sense for baseball games. We will have areas in the stadium where people can stand, eat, talk while stuill watching the game. We will have areas in the stadium with pictures of our history, not of a football team. Jack McKeon, Rene Lacheman, etc...they will all come back to life. Chuck Carr, Dave Magadan, Al Lieter, Jeff Conine will forever have their mugs plastered around our ballpark. A trip to the ball park with kids will be a trip through Marlins history.

Also, for those fans that sit in the lower level your seats will be pointed in the right direction so...a baseball-friendly seat....so you can see the batter w/o twisting your head. A new stadium will definitly enhance the experience and create a real home for the Marlins.

Hammerhead

Muckdog
Reaction score
I always figured it to be one of the greatest places to watch a game. The location could be a little better but thats about my only complaint.

Beer prices are high.
What stadium's beer prices aren't high?

Top Bottom