What's new

FanFest on February 8

SilverBullet

Marlin
Reaction score
#CheapJeter thinks his fans are just as cheap as he is so he's making this free admission.

SonOfJack

Omnichannel Integration Expert
Reaction score
They've been pushing more blue in their marketing, or am I imagining that?

Where are those regular season blue jerseys?

SilverBullet

Marlin
Reaction score
Looks like they got rid of that odd ticket idea from last year. I think it was a way to get an estimate on how many people were coming but they allowed everyone in anyways so it was probably more trouble than necessary.

SonOfJack

Reaction score
Looks like they got rid of that odd ticket idea from last year. I think it was a way to get an estimate on how many people were coming but they allowed everyone in anyways so it was probably more trouble than necessary.
It was a really stupid idea yeah.

SilverBullet

Marlin
Reaction score
Probably imagining it. Yes I've seen plenty of it lately but they've always had a significant amount of blue in their marketing so I wouldn't say it's any more than in the past.

SilverBullet

Marlin
Reaction score
It was a really stupid idea yeah.
I remember being with a group of like a dozen people when I went to enter and I had only bought the maximum of six tickets allowed and the guy scanned one of my tickets and then I just kinda told the guy I'm in a big group and he said no problem and just sent us all in off of my one ticket... so what was the point of even having the tickets or having to buy a certain amount if 12 people could enter off of one scanned ticket?

SonOfJack

Reaction score
Setting up a ticket system may have made people stay home. They may have not read it at all and assumed it wasn't free. It just made no sense.

rmc523

Hammerhead
Reaction score

Where are those regular season blue jerseys?
Nah, they've used blue fairly often in marketing (which is another reason why it should become the primary color with black being a secondary color).

Yes please on the regular season blue jerseys.

I remember being with a group of like a dozen people when I went to enter and I had only bought the maximum of six tickets allowed and the guy scanned one of my tickets and then I just kinda told the guy I'm in a big group and he said no problem and just sent us all in off of my one ticket... so what was the point of even having the tickets or having to buy a certain amount if 12 people could enter off of one scanned ticket?
I forgot about that. Yeah, that ticket idea was stupid. I get it was probably an attempt at figuring out how many people showed up, but I agree it probably scared people off - when I hear about needing tickets, it sounds like I have to pay. many won't go through the effort of getting tickets even if it's free. And I'm sure a lot of people showed up without them too - what would they do? Turn them away?

I seem to remember them saying yeah we don't need to scan them all, just one.

fish53

Muckdog
Reaction score
Hey, it is free, but they are still requesting that you get tickets from the website.

SilverBullet

Marlin
Reaction score
The original blog post says nothing about tickets but yeah I can't believe they're still doing it. Oh well at least this year we know not to worry much about it. Claim your free tickets and then walk in with ten people behind you.

rmc523

Hammerhead
Reaction score
I'm tempted to show up without a ticket and see what they tell me.

Latest posts

Top Bottom