What's new

Favorite Beer*

yankeefan21

Muckdog
Reaction score
UFO is fairly popular in New England... I haven't seen it in Albany, though, which is only a 3 hour drive away.

I also like Dos Equis *IF* I have to drink Mexican beer. Negra Modelo isn't too bad either. Not that I think about it, I think I'd rather have Carta Blanca than Tecate as well.

In the same category as Corona? I'd rather have Pacifico or Sol.

But that's just me.

Cindyrella

Muckdog
Reaction score
I voted for the Corona out of that list. but yes, I like Dos XX Green or Amber. I also like Bohemian, Tecate and other Mexican style beers. With a Gatto Glass (ice w/salt on rim) it is my cheap mexican margarita. LOL

When I was in High school, the choice was coors light or michelob light. I like the new Michelob Ultra Light as well as Miller Lite. I do not care for Bud or Bud Light but will drink if it's all that's available. Coors light gives me massive headaches.

I can do all the other drinks too like zima, smirnoff ice, lemonades, etc. But sometimes nothing like a good beer will do.

Oh, a few honey beers are cool and yes, going to a brewery/pub and getting some specialty beers they make is fun.

We have quite a few brewerys here in the Big D.

yankeefan21

Muckdog
Reaction score
You have to respect a lady who knows her beer.

But Michelob Ultra?! :blink: GAK!

:p

Cindyrella

Muckdog
Reaction score
heya, now have you tried it? it's fairly light, but it's really no less calories then miller lite, so i say what the heck, bring me a dos xx eqois please. LOL

yankeefan21

Muckdog
Reaction score
I guess if I were on one of those low carb or Atkins Diets and I NEEDED a beer... MAYBE...

I think I'm a bit of a beer snot these days. Being that I drink so seldom anymore, I feel the same way about beer as I do about a good meal or a fine wine; I want it to be an "experience." See, when I brought wines back from my trips to Europe, each bottle had a story that allowed me to appreciate it more. When I take the time to make a truly good meal, presentation becomes just as important as the way the meal is prepared.

Likewise, if I'm going to sit down to a GOOD beer? I want this beer to have a story. I want to know about the Belgian Monk, Father Hennepin, who discovered Niagra Falls, fell in love with western New York's beauty, and set up his brewery outside of an obscure town called Cooperstown. He passed down his brewing legacy from generation to generation until it reimerged in the mid 1990's. Now, Ommegang's Hennepin Ale is reknowned as one of the best [if not THE best] Belgian-Style Ales this side of the Atlantic.

Now I'm thirsty! Cheers!
:cheers

chefbob

Muckdog
Reaction score
Very Interesting. Hey, I think this is the first topic in the SportsCook area that went to double pages! Thanks for posting everyone!

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Reaction score
Bob,

you mentioned the magic words.

Beer.

CyggyMarlin

Here For The Plan
Reaction score
Yuengling Lager (pronounced Ying-ling)..local PA brew...its between light and dark beer..Very dark golden brown and very good

I also like Woodchuck Cider (each glass is the equivalent of 1.5 beers)

Used to drink Miller MGD and Honey Brown but have upgraded...have stayed away from the pee-water beers since college (Coors, KEystone, Natural Light, Milwaukee's Best, Budweiser)...Those beers do nothing but go right thru you...

Actually, nothing beats a good shot of Jagermeister of Cuervo Gold straight without salt, fruit wedge, or chaser

DurableTear

Muckdog
Reaction score
Bob,

you mentioned the magic words.

Beer.

That word brings magic to everyone. :D

Mark

Muckdog
Reaction score
Man, this is old...but let me spread some knowledge on some good beers:

Maudite, from Canada...very good

Grolsch

And of course, Amber Bock.

I tend to like darker beers: Guinness (Extra Stout) and such.

Flamarlins3

Muckdog
Reaction score
Well usually drink Natty and Busch just because I'm poor and cheap beer usually gets the trick done.

Anyways Miller Light probably my favorite beer.

rferry

Muckdog
Reaction score
Domestic: Miller High Life

Imported: Newcastle Brown Ale

Microbrew: Foggy Bottom

OldSand

Muckdog
Reaction score
How can you not mention the liquid crack itself....steel reserve

F

Fritz

Michelob

It's really smooth and it's great on the golf course.

Top Bottom