What's new

Favorite Professional Athlete

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Reaction score
Who is your favorite professional athlete of all time.....

In other words, if you had to name one person as your 'hero' who is he or she???

Or who are your heroes.....

Post them here.

Rune

Muckdog
Reaction score
Now it's Jeremy Shockey. He may open his mouth too much but he will never let anyone push him around on the field.

And all time is the boxer Rocky Marciano. He was as tough as nails. He wasn't your cocky a******. He did not want to hurt Joe Louis but Joe Louis needed the money and rocky realized that. Plus he knew when to walk away obviously.

Dante_evil

Muckdog
Reaction score
My favorite professional athlete is Michael Jordan. :jump :king :ninja

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Reaction score
I forgot to add this.....

Why are these people your heroes????

Dante_evil

Muckdog
Reaction score
I forgot to add this.....

Why are these people your heroes????

Jordan is my hero because I admire his dedication and knowledge of the game.

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Reaction score
Here is mine:

Thats right, The Admiral, David Robinson.

Why?

He is not just one of the top 50 NBA players of all time.

He is not only a three time medalist for the Olympic Team.

He is not just a holder of a championship ring, MVP award, Rookie of the Year, numerous IBM awards, every award you can accomplish in this league. The Collegiate player of the year in 1987, winning the Naismith Award.

He is not just a man who scored 71 points in a game.

David Robinson is a man.

He is a man that is a true role model.

He is intelligent, having scored over 1300 on his SATs.

He is accomplished in piano, in sax, he is a mathmatican.

He is a man who served time for his nation at the US Naval Academy and single handedly lead that team to greatness in the NCAA.

David Robinson is a man who is anti-NBA superstar. He is devoted to his family, to his wife, to his three boys.

David is loyal to his franchise, to his fans.

David is a man loyal to his God.

David Robinson is a true American.

A man who has decided that he needs to give back to his community, a man who is fighting the trends and encouraging students that education is important. He has helped out with scholarships, with enabling the David Robinson Foundation.

But perhaps his greatest contribution is the Carver Center, where he gave over 5 million dollars to re-vitalize this center in San Antonio and transform it into a top notch school.

These are just some of the things that makes David Robinson a great man. A man that anyone would want to emulate, not for his basketball ablities, but because he is a great MAN.

When he retires this year, he will truly be missed. Many will realize how great he was as a player and a man. The NBA will lose one of the great statesmen of the game.

Let's go out a winner David.

Maxx

Chief Operating Officer
Reaction score
Just wanted to say, that's a great post Das.

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Reaction score
Thank you maxx.

It was a short spur of the moment thing.

Expect something bigger and better toward April.

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
Neon Deion is mine all time....

now, its Allen Iverson and Joey Galloway

Rune

Muckdog
Reaction score
I'm not trying to be too critical.

But Iverson is a selfish street punk who thinks he is better than the rest of the world because he shoots a basket.

He says the police are out to get him. What a load of . He's one of the people I wish would never have gotten the chance to play.

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Reaction score
PRACTICE!!!!

PRACTICE!!! we are getting upset over PRACTICE!!!!

come on, I am great, I show it on the court, why do I need to worry about showing up for every PRACTICE!!!

ramp...on a side note....

Why are these your heroes?????

chefbob

Muckdog
Reaction score
Since I was a little kid and I followed him his entire MLB career...

Cal Ripken

He is everything a young athlete should desire to be.

His work ethic and loyalty is unmatched.

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
ramp...on a side note....

Why are these your heroes?????

when I have met all 3 of those guys, they have been awesome towards me.... I met Deion the day he had his 1st surgery in SF..... he was genuine and nice.....I met Joey Galloway in a hotel elevator and he acted like a normal human being not some stud WR.... and finally, I have loved AI since his days at Georgetown when he wasnt all "tattered up" and still had his hair in a mini fro

Mephisto

Muckdog
Reaction score
My favarite player was Dan Marino. He's one of the greatest QB's to ever play the game if not the best. People say stuff about him because he never won a super bowl, but he was an exeption to rookie Qb's he not only won rokie of the year but established himself a great Qb in his first year. He has broken every important record for Qb's many which will never be broken and won every award expect those of SB mvp and the Sb itself. He is loyal to miami playing out his whole football carrer here when he had the chance for big money and a super bowl too if he had decided to go to play for the Vikings. He also has made many things for miami founding a hospital and giving money to cure a certain desease his own son has. He adopted a chinasse girl he's just the ultimate role model. I cant until he gives his speech at his Hall Of Fame indiction that will be a memorale day.

BreakDown

Muckdog
Reaction score
Well gee. I was going to say David Robinson. But after seeing Das' post I guess it would be pointless to point out all my reasons why. I guess I will just agree with him :D

More of my favorites are Allen Iverson, MJ, and Kobe Bryant.

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Reaction score
you can add some to it breakdown....

i am sure i missed a couple of things....

wait until april.

it will be even better.

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Reaction score
Bump this to the top.

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
Bump this to the top.

i have to admit, that Mike Lowell is creepin up my list

Wild Card

Muckdog
Reaction score
My four favorite athletes...

1) Dan Marino w/o a doubt... Can't understand why he isn;t considered the best of all-time... I don't care if he does or doesn't have a ring...

2) Zach Thomas... Over came draft status and his size to be absolutely dominant... made the best of his opprotunities...

3) Mike Lowell... Overcame a type of cancer I feel sorry for any man to have, and has gradually become a better and better player...

4) Alonzo Mourning... Same as Lowell, really. Has battled through the toughest of times, and when healthy, still looks like the 4-time defensive player of the year he is known for being...

Latest posts

Top Bottom