What's new

Favorite Professional Athlete

M

marlins02

#5) Ray Lewis: he's an animal on the field, never stops

#4) Warren Sapp: most athletic fat man you will ever find. incredible football player and never stops talking! you got to love Sapp representing UM football like his boy Lewis.

#3)Alonzo Mourning: warrior on the floor and has proven that he's one off of it to.

#2) Barry Bonds: i dont give a damn whether people like him or not. the man can flat out play. one of the greates baseball players in the games history, just because he dont talk much or doesnt take s*** from the media shouldnt take away from his stature

#1) Dan Marino: the greatest QB ever, the #s back it up. damn, he deserved better than to have his career end how it did. the man gave me and many other plenty of memories. i can still remember the seattle game before the massacre at Jacksonville. he led that team on this last minute drive to pull off the victory and give us another week of hope. #13, the greates ever. i plan on making the trip to canton the day he gets inducted

Wild Card

Muckdog
Reaction score
Das, I don't think the Admiral will be missed by the NBA at all!

He'll end up staying in the League as a coach, dumb dumb! :p

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
Wild Card.... Mike overcame testicular cancer

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Reaction score
Das, I don't think the Admiral will be missed by the NBA at all!

He'll end up staying in the League as a coach, dumb dumb! :p

no he wont.

I severely doubt you see David Robinson in a coaching role in the NBA.

He will be working at the Carver Center for the next few years...

I dont see coaching in his future.

The NBA will miss him more than they think.....truely a first class man.

Wild Card

Muckdog
Reaction score
He really is...

But I think he is too perfect a candidate NOT to coach in the NBA... Someone will make him an offer he can't refuse, and he'll end up raising more money for his various charities...

Phlub

Muckdog
Reaction score
My big hero isn't an athlete. My hero is an Actor. Arnold Schwarzenegger.

Predator, Terminator 1, Terminator 2. The Special Olympics. $750,000 a year to charities. Over 200 hours of community service a year, over 400 hours of helping with charities. Like David Robinson, he isn't just a a man among boys in his profession, but he is a man in real life.

My sports hero, Brett Favre. A winner. A competitor with the fire in his belly. He orchastrated one of the greatest comebacks in NFL history 2 years ago when the Packers were down 21-0 against the Jaguars and came back and won 28-21 on an 8 yard scramble to the left corner of the end zone in Jacksonville. No better Quarterback in my opinion ever played the great game of football.

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Reaction score
Arnold is a great guy....

There are few 'famous' people either in the athletic world or Hollyworld that are truly 'class' people.

I was not aware of the community involement of Arnold...do you know what he devotes most of his volunteer time in? Speical Olympics? Other ventures?

Brett Favre is a very good QB....I like him...but he can never be the greatest in my eyes....

That is a hard question for me....Roger or Troy. Its a hard decision. Each were unique, but each got the job done ultimately.

Phlub

Muckdog
Reaction score
Arnold does Special Olympics, Food Shelters, Underprivaleged Children, he does After School Programs, the list is endless. He spends $50 thousand a year at Toys R Us, Old Navy, and Best Buy to get underprivaleged kids Christmas Presents.
Whether you like Arnolds acting or not, there couldn't be a more class guy in Hollywood. He is a Big Star, Big Guy, Big HEART!

And well of course you'll say Roger Staubach or Troy Aikman is the Best QB of all time because of their Super Bowls.

Of course I will say Bart Starr is the best cuz of his Super Bowls (Starr isn't the best though), or I'll say Brett Favre is the best becuase of his 3 MVPS (nobody ever has had more or as much as Brett).

Of course the Dolphin fans here will say Bob Griese because of the Undefeated Year and Marino for all the TD's.

But here is my list of All Time QBs.....

1. Brett Favre
2. Johnny Unitas
3. Dan Marino
4. Joe Montana
5. Steve Young
6. John Elway
7. Troy Aikman
8. Fran Tarketon
9. Bart Starr
10. Terry Bradshaw
11. Roger Staubach
12. Warren Moon
13. Bob Griese

Wild Card

Muckdog
Reaction score
Yea right. I'm sorry, Farve is amazing, and I'm not taking anything away from what he has done in his magnificant career, but he is most definately NOT the best QB of all-time. Bart Starr doesn't deserve to be that high, either. Bradshaw was better. So was Dan Fouts!

People better than Farve:

John Elway, Joe Montana, Johny Unitas, and Dan Marino were all better than Farve has been, respectively...

BTW: I agree with you if you intentionally left Joe Namath off the list. I think he is the most over rated QB in NFL history...

Phlub

Muckdog
Reaction score
No John Elway is the most overrated piece of crap to ever throw a football.

4 Super Bowl Rings speak for Terry Bradshaw.

Brett Favre is the best ever in my opinion, nobody and I mean NOBODY has EVER, EVER had just as much or more MVP's then Brett Favres 3! Not to mention he has 1 more ring then Marino, and 2 Super Bowl Appearances. He will probably finish in the top 5 in touchdowns thrown all time. Johnny U. was the Favre of the 60's. Oh and NO QUARTERBACK HAS A HIGHER HOME WINNING PERCENTAGE then you guessed it BRETT FAVRE. Favre has the highest home winning percentage of all time. Has a Higher Winning Percentage then Marino, Unitas, and Elway. I THINK, keyword THINK, Montana is the only one with a higher winning percentage. Brett Favre even with the Falcons has never had a losing season. He has always been 8-8 or better. That is remarkable. The true mark of greatness is what Favre is. Here is how Favre is the best ever....

- More MVPs then any player in history (3 MVPs)
- 2 Super Bowl Appearances
- 1 Super Bowl Championship
- Over 300 Touchdowns
- A Career 88.6 QB Rating last time I checked
- Best Home Winning Percentage of ANY QB IN HISTORY
- Last time I checked he was the 2nd or 3rd All Time Winning Starting QB in NFL History
- Over 15 4th Quarter Come From Behind Victories including a 21-0 defecit to win 28-21
- The Competitive Fire that has never let him give up
- A Passion for the game of football unlike any other QB ever

Beat those credentials. That is all I will say.

Wild Card

Muckdog
Reaction score
1) MVP's don't mean anything...

2)Marino had 1 SB appearance, and never made it back because he never had protection anywhere. He carried that team on his back and gave it a winning record for all his 17 years...

3) Farve has over 300 TD's? Good for him. Marino has 425, which is the most all-time by a land slide.

4) I don't know Marino's career QB rating, but off the top of my head I want to say 91 or 92.

5) Who cares about home winning percentage. His team won at home all those years. Not just him. And Marino had a pretty damn good home winning pct. too...

6) Marino is the 2nd All-Time winningest QB of All-Time...

7) The fourth quarter comebacks I think they are pretty even on...Although I now Farve has more...

8) if you want to talk about competetive fire and the will to never give-up, nobody is comparable to Marino. He stayed around for 17 years to get a ring, and was still an extreamly productive QB at 38 yrs old. That's competetive fire for you...

9) You can't say he has a fire for the game unlike any other. Every QB has a fire for the game. Especially the greats. But I will say, Farve, Marino, and Elway definately had the fire for the game...

Dan Marino was a better QB than Brett Farve. There are no if's, and's or but's about it. And I am suprised you even tried to put up a legit areguement to say he was. Farve is a great, no doubt. But he is no Dan Marino. He is no Jow Montana.

BTW: There is a legit arguement that says Namath was an overrated QB, because he never had real great stats. But there is no way in hell John Elway is over rated. He ranks second in almost every QB record ever, obviously behind Marino. Elway is in no way overrated.

Phlub

Muckdog
Reaction score
Favre has carried the Packers for years too! How do you think we win every year? The only constant is Favre. He has carried the Pack for years.

Favre is the best there ever was, Marino couldn't hold Favres jock strap. Its a shame to Brett to be in the same room as Marino.

The TD's are fine and dandy. But Favre will break the record IF he stays around for 3-4 years. But he wont. He'll be here for 2 more years.

But Favre is more then comparable to marino. Favre is better.

And see Wild Card, what it boils down to is, your saying Marino because your a Dolphin fan, and I'm saying Favre because I'm a Packers fan. And so really we shouldn't even argue this. What we can argue is outside of Favre and Marino, say they never existed, no wait, say Favre, Starr, Marino, and Griese SR. never existed who is the best then. That is more fair and takes all prejudice out of it.

But with me and you arguing between Favre and Marino its never gonna accomplish anything.

Oh BTW: A poll done by ESPN a year ago asked some 20-30 thousand fans and all of the NFL Owners if they had to start a team with a QB, any QB who would it be?

The Results were....

Favre- 26%
Montana- 20%
Marino- 19%
Unitas- 14%
Elway- 13%
Other- 8% (Mix of Bradshaw, Starr, Aikman, Young, Griese, etc, etc)

But thats the last thing I will use to prove my point. But I think this is too prejudice of an argument for me and you to be in.

yankeefan21

Muckdog
Reaction score
Jesus Christ.

The man was so fast he could LITERALLY walk on water.

And his stamina holding that "iron cross?" Rediculous.

Not to mention all that water into wine stuff - he must have been a blast at parties...

[sigh] I'm going straight to hell, aren't I...

Wild Card

Muckdog
Reaction score
Alright Phlub. Marino, Griese, Farve and Starr don't exist.

The greatest QB of All-Time was:

1) Unitas
2) Montana
3) Elway
5) Moon

BTW: As a fan of any team, to say that Dan Marino can't hold Farve's jock strap is a complete insult. You may be right that Farve has been there only constant, but he hasn't carried that team. He has always had talent to work with and to back him up. Marino never had that, and still managed to put up better numbers than anyone has ever done. Untouchable numbers. Think anyone will ever throw 420 TD's and 60, 000 yards ever again? Hell no. Farve would need to play another four years to at least try to reach Marino's TD's, and in that time he wouldn't touch Marino's yards, either.

Let's put it this way, all things aside, the team they played for and how that team performed (that means SB's don't matter), excluding everything but what he did individualy, same goes for Farve and all the others, Dan Marino was the best.

Phlub

Muckdog
Reaction score
I agree...

1. Johnny Unitas
2. Joe Montana
3. Steve Young
4. John Elway
5. Troy Aikman
6. Fran Tarketon
7. Terry Bradshaw
8. Roger Staubach
9. Warren Moon

Wild Card

Muckdog
Reaction score
Again, I think Moon was kinda like Marino... Never won a ring, but put up great stats, especially keeping in mind that he did play a few years in Canada, too... Imagine the stats he would have put up if he played his entire career in the NFL... Honestly I think he is the most underrated QB in NFL history...

Latest posts

Top Bottom