SonOfJack

el gringo loco
Reaction score

Michael

Jumbo Shrimp
VIP
Reaction score
This could be pretty interesting ...

What do you all think might happen in terms of penalties, if they go that route??

FishFan95

Jumbo Shrimp
Reaction score
"Teams violating the protocols face penalties that include the loss of draft picks and international spending money."

You know that if it's slowing down the game, Manfred is going to do everything in his power to do something about it.

Mr. Man

Muckdog
Reaction score
Was watching a video on youtube from the Yes network about this. And they made a good point. This affects way more than just the Astros winning games/WS. It affects careers, it affects the business of baseball obviously, record books, it affects perception of players and their careers, and so on and so forth. Like one thing they pointed out. Was if a rookie pitcher just called up and just got his first start and the Astros shell shocked him, he might get sent down and might not get another chance.
I don't know what they can do, but this might affect the MLB fanbase if they don't at least make it quiet down.

SilverBullet

Wind Surge
Reaction score
As much as I don't condone this I wish Lewis Brinson would find a way to start stealing some signs.

SilverBullet

Wind Surge
Reaction score
Was watching a video on youtube from the Yes network about this. And they made a good point. This affects way more than just the Astros winning games/WS. It affects careers, it affects the business of baseball obviously, record books, it affects perception of players and their careers, and so on and so forth. Like one thing they pointed out. Was if a rookie pitcher just called up and just got his first start and the Astros shell shocked him, he might get sent down and might not get another chance.
I don't know what they can do, but this might affect the MLB fanbase if they don't at least make it quiet down.
Exactly this. I think this is so bad, it's worse than betting on baseball, it's worse than steroids/PEDs.

I don't have much faith in Manfred handling this well though. He should have addressed this long ago.

I think the most we can expect out of Manfred is he'll start looking at how much time it takes to play a game with sign stealing tech vs games without it and then he'll make his decisions based on which game is shorter.

SilverBullet

Wind Surge
Reaction score
What happens when Fiers faces the Astros next season?

And, if they decide to punish individuals, can't Fiers technically be punished too?

SilverBullet

Wind Surge
Reaction score
The Astros aren't gonna win this in any way and I'm still dumbfounded that they thought they could get away with this level of cheating.

This isn't glancing at a classmate's test to steal a few answers, this is stealing the teacher's answer key and making copies for the whole class.

hovertical

LumberKing
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure it's pretty rampant around baseball in general if an entire team was taking advantage of it - clearly players were going to move on to other teams at various points in their career and be able to divulge this information. They just happened to get ratted out - quite possibly because they're so dominant and people love to watch the favorite get taken down. I'd guess at least half the teams are using tech to steal signs. Am I saying it's good sportsmanship? No, definitely not. But it's not like it's some groundbreaking revelation either.

Latest posts

Top Bottom