What's new

Finalizing the 2020 Opening Day Roster

SilverBullet

Marlin
Reaction score
As of March 10th there are 48 players in Marlins camp, let's see the realistic possiblities still left to make the Opening Day roster...

Infielders: 5 or 6 of Aguilar, Diaz, Rojas, Anderson, Berti, Alvarez, Rodriguez, Katoh
Outfielders: 5 or 6 of Dickerson, Villar, Joyce, Cooper, Brinson, Sierra, Ramirez, Harrison, Kemp
Catchers: 2 of Alfaro, Cervelli, Wallach
Starting Pitchers: 5 of Alcantara, Smith, Urena, Lopez, Yamamoto, Hernandez, Dugger, Neidert
Relief Pitchers: 8 of Kintzler, Steckenrider, Conley, Stanek, Garcia, Tarpley, Sharp, Boxberger, Vesia, Northcraft, Cook, J. Smith, Venditte
Injured List: Brigham, possibly Alfaro

Any predictions as to how the final roster will look?

SongInTheAir

Jumbo Shrimp
Writer
Reaction score
Infielders: Aguilar, Rojas, Anderson are locks
Outfielders: Dickerson, Villar, Joyce, Kemp are locks
Catchers: Cervelli is a lock, then either Wallach or Alfaro
SP: Alcantara, Smith, Lopez, Urena are locks
RP: Kintzler, Stanek, Garcia, Tarpley, Sharp are locks

So that leaves 8 spots to play with.

SilverBullet

Marlin
Reaction score
Infielders: Aguilar, Rojas, Anderson are locks
Outfielders: Dickerson, Villar, Joyce, Kemp are locks
Catchers: Cervelli is a lock, then either Wallach or Alfaro
SP: Alcantara, Smith, Lopez, Urena are locks
RP: Kintzler, Stanek, Garcia, Tarpley, Sharp are locks

So that leaves 8 spots to play with.
Stanek is having back issues so he may not be healthy for opening day, opening a spot for someone else. I wouldn't call Kemp a lock. I'd include Steckenrider, Conley, and Berti as locks as well.

SongInTheAir

Jumbo Shrimp
Writer
Reaction score
Stanek is having back issues so he may not be healthy for opening day, opening a spot for someone else. I wouldn't call Kemp a lock. I'd include Steckenrider, Conley, and Berti as locks as well.
Forgot about Stanek's back, good point.
Kemp is a lock as long as Mattingly's a lock.
Positional versatility from other MLB-ready players has made Berti's rough spring more significant. I still think he makes it, but he isn't the lock he once was.
Conley quietly lowered his Grapefruit ERA to 3.52 today, so I guess he's a lock, but they could just finally give up on him if things get crowded in the bullpen.
Steckenrider still has options, so that could make him an easier guy to send down than some others.

QbanCastillo

Muckdog
VIP
Reaction score
Saw Northcraft the other day on the televised game vs. the Cards and he looked good. Maybe him.

cornfield

Muckdog
Reaction score
Jazz, Monte, Lewin, Jesus, Sixto, Cabrera, Neidert ... those are the guys I want to watch. Milb.tv makes that possible!

SilverBullet

Marlin
Reaction score
Actually don't the Phillies go south too since they open the season in Miami?

Top Bottom