What's new

First Marlins game

g8trz2003

Muckdog
Reaction score
What and when was the first time you ever saw the Marlins play live...(not counting spring training).

Spring training, I dont even remember the first time. I guess it was 1993...they played in Cocoa, and I think I went out to watch...I was only 8 at the time. Ive seen plenty of spring games, but my first my real game I ever saw of the Marlins (and first real MLB game ever for me) was in 1997. They played the Orioles in the first season of interleague play. It's a shame, I cant remember who pitched for us. Mussina pitched for the Orioles. We rocked him. Devon White hit a grand slam. Bonilla hit a ball that rolled to the fence in batting practice, and Livan Hernandez tossed it to me (I was in the right field bleachers).

Just wanna hear yall's stories.

I didnt get to see a game till 97 because I guess I was too young to make that trip down to Miami to watch the game and get back late that nite (we only do that for Gator games). It was actually part of a birthday present.

Wild Card

Muckdog
Reaction score
My first ever Marlin Game:

1997, Cleveland Indians AT Florida Marlins, Game 7

What a game to start your baseball life off with.

farmer_fran

Muckdog
Reaction score
1998 verse Tampa Bay was my first regular season game, but I had seen about a million of there spring training games before that because I live in brevard county.

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
opening day 1993

april 5th

it was a monday

Marlins vs Dodgers

a packed Joe Robbie Stadium

it was awesome

g8trz2003

Muckdog
Reaction score
farmer fran...you live in brevard county too? Im over in Merritt Island (for this summer, then back up to school in SC).

farmer_fran

Muckdog
Reaction score
farmer fran...you live in brevard county too? Im over in Merritt Island (for this summer, then back up to school in SC).
Yeah I'm right by Space Coast Stadium. Too bad the stupid expos have their spring training their now. Oh well.

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
Me and El Rampo are winning for best game!

lol...
i was there in game 1 and 7 of the WS

game 1 of the nlds

and

game 3 of the nlcs

CapeFish

Muckdog
Reaction score
i saw a game in 1993 or was it 1994? benito santiago was our catcher and he hit a very long home run, the longest by a marlin at the time and we won the game if i remember right. I saw it on TV with Jay Randolph and Gary Carter calling it.

My first game at PPS was in 1996. Sheffield was in the triple crown race. It was so hot that day and the Marlins lost against Atlanta i believe.

Wild Card

Muckdog
Reaction score
Yea, but nothing beats going to Game 7 of the World Series for your first game ever.

That was an experience. Too bad I was too young to be able to soak it in.

JMLinkinPark

Muckdog
Reaction score
in 96' Around the end of the season or beginning season of 97 it was Marlins vs Philly

g8trz2003

Muckdog
Reaction score
Yeah I'm right by Space Coast Stadium. Too bad the stupid expos have their spring training their now. Oh well. I'm just guessing by ur username, and by where you said you live...you own cattle out there by the stadium?

farmer_fran

Muckdog
Reaction score
No my name is just a joke, I got it from the movie waterboy.

They're starting to build a whole bunch of stuff in that area.

g8trz2003

Muckdog
Reaction score
I know, I hate it. Why cant there just be land for farming, cattle, and just swamp and woodlands. Does everything have to be turned into subdivisions? I hate it i hate it i hate it. I'm glad I'll be in SC...at least there its not houses and subdivisions everywhere you look.

I love Florida, but I just can't stand the destruction of...FLORIDA!

MarlinsFans46

Muckdog
Reaction score
Being from Maine, I have only seen them twice live. The first time was in 1997 in Montreal - unfortunately, they lost (I think 4 to 3), but a highlight for us was seeing Todd Dunwoody's second career home run. My younger sister had gotten a personalized autograph only a year before, and to see him again in person was really exciting. After the game, some other Marlins fans came up to us and asked if we were the Dunwoodys because we had celebrated so much. :)
The second time was in 2000, when the major league team played against the AA Portland Sea Dogs in Portland. That was one of the best games I've gone to. It was also important because it was A.J. Burnett's first "start" since having an injury - he was playing for the Marlins - and the Sea Dogs lit him up. The starting line-up for the Marlins was completely gone (save Kevin Millar) by the fourth inning, and replaced with some of their other prospects. Anyways, those are the two times I have seen them live.

markotsay7

Opening Day 93. I was 6. I fell asleep. After 3 or so innings. After that I went a few more times in 94, 95, and then 96 when I was old enough to understand everything, I become a full-fledged fan. Since then I've watched every game/listened to every game on the radio or TV, and believe it or not, when I go away, I set my VCR Plus to tape the games or have someone tape them for me. Yeah, I have no life.

Best game I've ever been to: Marlins' first playoff game vs. SF Giants

odom006

Muckdog
Reaction score
some where in April or May...... of 1996 vs teh COL Rockies...... on a sunday 1.35 start..... " promotion was Bubble watches were given out to all kid s under 12

im 18 now going on 19 in oct..... so i was 11... and Andres Galarage was anounced and i BOOOOOOOOED the hell outta him i was sitting by the press Boxes...

cuz the day be4 he hit a 530 some feet HR off us..... i booed em but Typical Marlin fan that yera didnt give a damn.....

ill neva 4get it...

Top Bottom