? Vlad buries O's with walk-off homer
? Davis dominant as D-backs top Mets
? More MLB Headlines

ADVERTISEMENT

print this page | e-mail this page
? Braves back home to face Marlins
? Obermueller's game log
? Watch on MLB.TV | Listen on Gameday Audio

After dropping three of four at Milwaukee, the Marlins are ready for a change of scenery.
They will get it beginning on Monday, as they take on the Braves at Turner Field in the first of four games.

Now 4-3 on the road trip, the Marlins are preparing for a critical series against their division rivals. Three games under, Florida is scratching to get to the .500 mark.

On Monday, the Marlins are turning to veteran Wes Obermueller, who is making the start on short rest. The right-hander threw 86 pitches on Thursday night at Milwaukee. In a no-decision, he gave up three runs and struck out five in seven innings.

Originally slated to start on Tuesday, Obermueller is going a day earlier, as he flip-flopped with Sergio Mitre.

Mitre has been nursing a mild right hamstring strain, and the club hopes the extra day will get him ready to pitch in the first game of Tuesday's split doubleheader.

Obermueller has faced the Braves just once in his career. It was in 2003, when he suffered a loss, giving up seven runs in 4 1/3 innings.

The Braves are countering with veteran Tim Hudson, who has never lost to the Marlins.

Hudson is 5-0 with a 2.10 ERA in nine career starts against Florida.

At home this season, Hudson is 3-2 (2.74).

Pitching matchup
FLA: RHP Wes Obermueller (1-3, 5.02 ERA)
Obermueller has a 3.57 ERA over five games, including three starts, on the road this season.

ATL: RHP Tim Hudson (6-3, 2.77 ERA)
Hudson easily could have been the hard-luck loser Wednesday in Milwaukee, though he turned into the comfortable winner after the Braves gave him seven runs of support in the eighth. The right-hander had allowed just two manufactured runs to that point, one via wild pitch that gave the Brewers a 2-1 lead in the seventh. He allowed the two runs on six hits with three strikeouts.

Player to watch
Dan Uggla, who had two doubles on Sunday, is 6-for-19 (.316) off Hudson.

On the Internet
MLB.TV
Gameday Audio
? Gameday
? Official game notes

On television
? FSN Florida

On radio
? 560 WQAM, 1140 AM WQBA (Espa?ol)

Up next
? Tuesday: Game 1 -- Marlins (Sergio Mitre, 2-2, 1.74) at Braves (Buddy Carlyle, 0-1, 9.00), 2:35 p.m. ET
? Tuesday: Game 2 -- Marlins (Rick Vanden Hurk, 0-1, 12.75) at Braves (John Smoltz, 7-2, 2.82), 7:35 p.m. ET
? Wednesday: Marlins (Scott Olsen, 4-5, 5.35) at Braves (Kyle Davies, 3-3, 4.99), 1:05 p.m. ET
? Thursday: Off-day
a note to our national viewers...today's game is on SportsSouth in the Southeast, so mlb.tv for our out of area viewers, sorry.

Wes is working on 3 days rest, but he is taking this one for the team as we have no other options really...

And we're better than the Braves...we actually swept the Cubs!

This is a crucial series imo...we have to take 3-4. We can do this, go FISH and go Wes, thanks for taking this one for the team.

furcalchick

Muckdog
Reaction score
shut up about sweeping the cubs. i think the cubs got mad yesterday after losing for a week. we actually won our series against the brew crew, so there.

and i checked the schedule, no tbs this series. sorry for you guys outside the south. but i live in south florida and i get to watch.

i think the braves good road trip was just what we needed, now we need to start this eight game homestand off to a bang.

i personally think we'll split the series. i don't trust the pitcher we have tuesday in the day game, and davies will probably be bad wednesday.

catchoftheday

Muckdog
Reaction score

:pray

please win

furcalchick

Muckdog
Reaction score

nice. even though it should be 5-1 (see april 25th). i just hope hudson doesn't revert on me today.

Reaction score
This thread is now property of the Wes O fan club. Yes we are expecting a very solid effort from Wes tonight. Go Fish. I just honestly hate the bravos more than anybody else.

furcalchick

Muckdog
Reaction score
This thread is now property of the Wes O fan club. Yes we are expecting a very solid effort from Wes tonight. Go Fish. I just honestly hate the bravos more than anybody else.

:thumbdown

what about the huddy fans?

CTMarlinsfan

Muckdog
Reaction score
hold on...I am the ultimate Braves' Hater...between my 7 years of the tomohawk chop and my absolute hatred for Admin Jones...

I was that guy in Marlins gear in Atlanta during the 1998-2002 years!

canada-marlin24

Muckdog
Reaction score
line up:
amezaga
uggla
ramirez
cabrera
hermida
boone
olivo
abercrombie
obermueller

furcalchick

Muckdog
Reaction score
hold on...I am the ultimate Braves' Hater...between my 7 years of the tomohawk chop and my absolute hatred for Admin Jones...

too bad you won't see Admin this series...he's on the dl.

what's to hate about the braves i ask?

and our lineup?

So big George wasnt drafted, but did get picked up by KC. Have you talked to him? is he doing good?

yeah, he's doing fine. he's going to be making alot more money in this first gig that i will, nearly a half million for two years if he makes the team.

i think being a free agent was better for him since he was going to be a late rounder anyway...he got to choose his team.

i hope to go to kc later in the year to see him and get some ribs...joey devine said they were good.

ionsen88

Muckdog
Reaction score
You were the only one.

FishFan9703

Muckdog
Reaction score
Let's go Marlins!

I think we'll split this series, losing tonight, splitting the doubleheader, and winning on Wednesday (based on the pitching matchups). I hope we win 3-1 though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom