What's new

Fish interested in Strop

SilverBullet

Marlin
Instagram Curator
Reaction score
I was thinking about the bullpen today and while they've done fine in acquiring potential options for the pen I think they still need to add one solid guaranteed bullpen piece and at least this shows they're still trying to do that.

taiwanmarlin

Hammerhead
Reaction score
I was thinking about the bullpen today and while they've done fine in acquiring potential options for the pen I think they still need to add one solid guaranteed bullpen piece and at least this shows they're still trying to do that.
How about Brandon Kintzler.

AeroFishOne

Muckdog
Reaction score
The more I try to learn spanish, the more I learn I don’t understand Spanish.

SilverBullet

Marlin
Instagram Curator
Reaction score
So he won't choose the Marlins due to we're not as competitive as the others and would trade him in the deadline, right ?
You would think so but not necessarily.

There are multiple factors involved and as I read someone say the other day you never know how many veteran players actually would look forward to being highly likely to be traded to a contender at the deadline.

Not every player can land a big deal with a top contender. Sometimes being a veteran on a bad team with the intent to be deadline bait is actually an appealing idea.

You also never know personal things with how the player feels about the teams. Maybe Strop likes living in Miami? Maybe his other offer is from, say Atlanta but maybe he doesn't like pitching off the mound in Atlanta? Maybe he has friends on our team or likes the coaching staff? Too many factors to consider, it's not always about going to a contender though I will admit that can be a huge factor it's not a foregone conclusion that that's what he will chose.

And lastly we don't even know the other teams involved, maybe they aren't even contenders?

SonOfJack

Omnichannel Integration Expert
Writer
Reaction score
What do you think Strop's role would be on this team?

marlins_09

Muckdog
Reaction score
So he won't choose the Marlins due to we're not as competitive as the others and would trade him in the deadline, right ?
Miami is his best chance to be a closer again.The Brewers have Hader, and the Rangers have Leclerc. It would be in both Strop’s and Miami’s best interest if he regains his past form and racks up some saves in the process.

Michael

Wind Surge
VIP
Writer
Reaction score
If Phelps is healthy I'd love to have him back here.

Top Bottom