What's new

Fish interested in Strop

SonOfJack

Omnichannel Integration Expert
Writer
Reaction score
2019 opening day payroll was 71.9 million
2020 opening day payroll before kintzler is estimated at 64,875,000 and that includes Chen's 22 million. Number is estimated since some player salaries are not yet known exactly, though do have a rough estimate.

SilverBullet

Marlin
Instagram Curator
Reaction score
Maybe even enough for Puig …
Puig wants too much. I know you wanna sign everyone but you also can't overpay for everyone either and I think $15 per year for Puig is a waste of money especially since we don't need him anymore.

taiwanmarlin

Hammerhead
Reaction score
Puig wants too much. I know you wanna sign everyone but you also can't overpay for everyone either and I think $15 per year for Puig is a waste of money especially since we don't need him anymore.
I think it's not we need him or not but it's for the asking price, you would never have enough good players.

Erick

LumberKing
Reaction score
We have to drop someone from the 40-man roster for Kintzler, and would have to drop more to sign Strop/Puig so I guess that’s a part of the problem too.

SilverBullet

Marlin
Instagram Curator
Reaction score
I think it's not we need him or not but it's for the asking price, you would never have enough good players.
Let me get this straight... you want an infinite number of good players, no matter the asking price, whether we need them or not?

WHAT?

That's not realistically the way to run a team.

Do you understand that we can't have an unlimited amount of players on the roster or even on the field and that payroll, despite being low, isn't limitless?

There's no realistic place for Puig on this roster right now.

Erick

LumberKing
Reaction score
Let me get this straight... you want an infinite number of good players, no matter the asking price, whether we need them or not?

WHAT?

That's not realistically the way to run a team.

Do you understand that we can't have an unlimited amount of players on the roster or even on the field and that payroll, despite being low, isn't limitless?

There's no realistic place for Puig on this roster right now.
If the other team has 26 players and we have 126 players, we have an advantage. Why is this difficult to understand?

SonOfJack

Omnichannel Integration Expert
Writer
Reaction score
Cheap marlins paid more for the other option! (Kintzler)

Top Bottom