What's new

For anyone who doubts Beinfest...

vinivedivichi

Muckdog
Reaction score
I was a little taken back by the previous Beinfest thread. It is nearly impossible for me to believe that anyone think Beinfest is not doing a good job.

Take a look at our current team...We all know the financial constraints Beinfest is forced to operate under, yet we are clearly a contending team. That alone is pretty impressive, but let's remember that we have generally been a contending team since his arrival. Name another penny-pinching team in any sport that has contended for four straight years.

But let's go back to our current team. When healthy, we are every bit as talented as any team in the NL. We are well rounded - the batting order has evenly dispursed power, the pitching rotation is better than average from 1-5, and our bullpen has some young exciting arms that have thus far been pretty productive. Being able to field this kind lineup with the lowest payroll in baseball is remarkable.

To go a bit further, we actually have pretty good depth. How many other teams could be so formidable with 2 starting pitchers and 2/3 everday players hurting? There's not a lot of teams out there that can afford to shrug off injuries to pitchers like we can.

The fact is, anyone who doesn't think Beinfest is doing a good job is spoiled. Name the players that Beinfest has brought in that just flat-out have been bad moves...Darren Oliver, possibly Jorge Julio, and who else? We continually turn other people's trash into treasure - and that doesn't happen in other places. Look at teams like the Mets who, up until recently, vastly overspent to get stud players that underperformed. We are lucky to have Beinfest.

Reaction score
I stay out of the drama, generally.

But the people who say that Beinfest is doing a bad job are duly noted as retards in my mental notebook.

louiecastillo1

Muckdog
Reaction score
Beinfest to me, is the best GM in all of pro sports. I challenge anyone to find me
a better GM.

FlummoxedLummox

I don't think anyone said Beinfest is doing a bad job.

bobbob1313

Muckdog
Reaction score
I'm getting really tired of this issue from both sides. He's not the best and he's not the worst. He's about average.

Fallen Apple

Muckdog
Reaction score
I'm getting really tired of this issue from both sides. He's not the best and he's not the worst. He's about average.
Hes alot better than average and I dont think ANYONE on this board ever said he is the worst.

TSwift25

Muckdog
Reaction score
Beinfest to me, is the best GM in all of pro sports. I challenge anyone to find me
a better GM.

Terry Ryan, easily.

Sirspud

Muckdog
Reaction score
Beinfest is doing a fine job. I think the way he set up our bullpen this offseason is outstanding. He's not perfect, but no GM is.

Beinfest4Prez

Muckdog
Reaction score
a better GM.

Terry Ryan, easily.

Lou Lamoriello even more than Terry Ryan.

But thats a moot point because Beinfest is an above average GM who has consistently fielded a team that has been in contention.

MarlinFan10

Muckdog
Reaction score
I don't think anybody is saying Beinfest is doing a bad job, it's just that he made one terrible move that cause people to complain, and complaining is more fun than saying "oMg bEiNfEsT iS tEh bEsT!!111!!!!" all the time.

Marlin Nation

Muckdog
Reaction score
It's just contrarian nonsense, I'm sure the same critics of Beinfest are in the Cult o' Borchard too.

Hotcorner

Muckdog
Reaction score
It's just contrarian nonsense, I'm sure the same critics of Beinfest are in the Cult o' Borchard too.
I like 'em both personally..

:cool

But thats a moot point because Beinfest is an above average GM who has consistently fielded a team that has been in contention.

& with our payroll, you can't expect much more than that.

MarlinatPenn

Muckdog
Reaction score
:thumbup

He's not perfect, but he does a damn good job on most decisions.

Out of the Past

Muckdog
Reaction score
Beinfest is an above average GM who has consistently fielded a team that has been in contention.
With the WC most teams are in contention well into September so that means very little. He's a good GM who is very much overrated by Marlins fans.

He works under a low payroll but took over a team filled with young talented players. Just imagine where we would be had MLB baseball moved the Expos to Florida and the Marlins to Washington and when Loria took over Beinfest would have started off with the team and farm system he helped build (Expos) rather than the team and farm system Dombrowski built. It wouldn't be pretty.

Marlins2003

Muckdog
Reaction score
Beinfest is an above average GM who has consistently fielded a team that has been in contention.
With the WC most teams are in contention well into September so that means very little. He's a good GM who is very much overrated by Marlins fans.

Every time I read someone posting this or something akin to it, I want to go but, but...

...in 2006, last season, Admin Beinfest was second in voting, a handful behind Ryan and ahead of Miamaya AND Beane for Executive of the Year. I don't know if the 29 other GMs in baseball qualify as Marlins fans but obviously they they don't see him as overrated. I believe it's at least the second time since 2003 he been selected that high.

Iowa

Muckdog
Reaction score
I laugh at people who call him average

Top Bottom