What's new

Fox a Yankee?

Teal Shadow

Muckdog
Reaction score
I would not trade Fox unless its OF Juan Rivera or a top prospect(like a LHP Sean Henn or Mark Phillips). If they want him that bad, then pay up.

YANKS PURSUING FOX?

With Derek Jeter out indefinitely with a separated shoulder, the New York Yankees are suddenly in the market for a veteran shortstop. And the Marlins' Andy Fox is among those the Yankees are said to be interested in.

However, a Marlins executive said Thursday the team hasn't heard from the Yankees. Fox, who played 135 games for New York in 1996 and '97, isn't expecting a call anytime soon.

''You don't put a lot of stock in [rumors]. You see it happening so much,'' he said. ``You believe it when they tap you on the shoulder, or in this case when you're sitting down with [Marlins general manager] Admin Beinfest and [manager] Jeff Torborg.''

Fox batted .251 in 133 games for the Marlins last season after taking over for starting shortstop Alex Gonz?lez, who separated his shoulder in May. Torborg said the conjecture regarding the Yankees is a tribute to Fox's performance in place of Gonz?lez.

''That's nice,'' he said. ``That's a tribute to Andy.''

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sport...rts/5555694.htm

AJBurnett34

Muckdog
Reaction score
I wouldnt trade Fox. He is like our best hitter on our bench and is a very Useful Utility guy. The Yanks only need him for a little bit. They can leave Almonte in SS, he is doing a decent job for them. The point is that we should trade Fox but its just a rumor now...

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Reaction score
has fox played yet????

oh wait...

that would involved actually using your roster properly.

nevermind.

what was i thinking.

Top Bottom