What's new

Fredi Gonzalez joins Orioles coaching staff

SilverBullet

Marlin
Instagram Curator
Reaction score

Not to discount the privilege of being able to be on a major league coaching staff but I'm not sure this is a step up for Fredi who left the Marlins hoping for a chance at a higher coaching/managing gig. Kinda sucks for him, took a gamble and missed the Mets bench coach position just to end up as a lower coach on a really bad team. I wonder if he regrets leaving the Marlins?

SonOfJack

Omnichannel Integration Expert
Writer
Reaction score
He wanted to be closer to his family in New Jersey. This is closer, though still not exactly next door.

SilverBullet

Marlin
Instagram Curator
Reaction score
He wanted to be closer to his family in New Jersey. This is closer, though still not exactly next door.
Oh ok then maybe I'm overthinking how he might feel about this job. He's a good dude so hopefully this is a good spot for him.

Michael

Wind Surge
VIP
Writer
Reaction score
Not to discount the privilege of being able to be on a major league coaching staff but I'm not sure this is a step up for Fredi who left the Marlins hoping for a chance at a higher coaching/managing gig. Kinda sucks for him, took a gamble and missed the Mets bench coach position just to end up as a lower coach on a really bad team. I wonder if he regrets leaving the Marlins?
Wouldn't people be saying this about our team the last few years, too? Yet if those coaches got on board earlier, they'd look like geniuses for turning the team around and making it a good one.

SilverBullet

Marlin
Instagram Curator
Reaction score
Wouldn't people be saying this about our team the last few years, too?
I thought of this as a typed the post and I still stand by what I said because of Fredi already being here. He chose to leave in hopes of a higher position and he didn't get it and instead took a position on another bad team. I'm not saying it to insult the Orioles I'm saying it because Fredi left what I assume was a comfortable position and didn't get anything better.

Top Bottom