What's new

Fredi Gonzalez moving on

SonOfJack

el gringo loco
Reaction score
He has decided to explore other options and Miami will need a new third base coach

rmc523

Jumbo Shrimp
Reaction score
With so many managerial openings popping up, it's not surprising.

SonOfJack

el gringo loco
Reaction score
With so many managerial openings popping up, it's not surprising.
8 currently and potentially 9 if Roberts is gone in LA.

And he probably figures he can find another coaching gig if needed anyway. May as well throw his name in the mix to be a skipper. I always liked Fredi, would like to see him get another chance somewhere.

rmc523

Jumbo Shrimp
Reaction score
8 currently and potentially 9 if Roberts is gone in LA.

And he probably figures he can find another coaching gig if needed anyway. May as well throw his name in the mix to be a skipper. I always liked Fredi, would like to see him get another chance somewhere.
I don't see Roberts going anywhere.

SilverBullet

Marlin
Reaction score
I can't recall too many mental errors from him in terms of sending/not sending a runner at the wrong time so I would say he did a fine job.
It's funny how the criteria for being a good third base coach is just to not make any obviously bone headed mistakes.

Anyways, couldn't Fredi still explore managerial gigs as our third base coach? It's not like current coaches can't be hired elsewhere so he didn't have to leave yet. Unless the team didn't allow him to be interviewed by anyone. Or maybe since his contract was up he just thought this would be the best time to bow out.

SonOfJack

el gringo loco
Reaction score
My guess is Fredi was hoping to be the manager in Miami again and the Don extension convinced him to move on. Not that I think he would have gotten the gig, but I assume they would have interviewed him at least.

rmc523

Jumbo Shrimp
Reaction score
It's funny how the criteria for being a good third base coach is just to not make any obviously bone headed mistakes.

Anyways, couldn't Fredi still explore managerial gigs as our third base coach? It's not like current coaches can't be hired elsewhere so he didn't have to leave yet. Unless the team didn't allow him to be interviewed by anyone. Or maybe since his contract was up he just thought this would be the best time to bow out.
Yeah, that's true too. Maybe he was just ready to move on anyway?

Coming from you that's strange considering you seem to see anything you want whenever you want and wherever you want.
Oh I'm watching him now. He's still in the dugout of Dodger Stadium, hence the not going anywhere comment. :p

SilverBullet

Marlin
Reaction score
Oh I'm watching him now. He's still in the dugout of Dodger Stadium, hence the not going anywhere comment. :p
This is actually upsetting. It's been like 12 hours, does he think the game is still going on? Has he not noticed everyone else has left?

FishFan95

Marlin
Reaction score
I can't recall too many mental errors from him in terms of sending/not sending a runner at the wrong time so I would say he did a fine job.
Marlins were 29th in baseball in scoring (I should remind everyone that this was the case in 2015 as well, when the team had Ozuna, Stanton, Yelich, and Gordon as regulars) so he didn't get as many opportunities to wave runners home, but I would agree that he did well in the few that he did have.