What's new

Fredi Gonzalez moving on

Bret Hart

No.1 Korean Fish Fan
Reaction score
I like Fredi's endurance managing style, but he had often been looked overly generous. Sometimes I felt he didn't do anything for the team. I knew you cannot judge other people like this, but I felt it.

FishFan95

Marlin
Reaction score
So today I realized Fredi may be the only guy to wear all four Marlins uniform styles. Off the top of my head I can't think of anyone else who was part of this team in the 90s, 2000s, 2012-18, and 2019 and forward...
I know that there are differences in the 90's and 2000's uniforms, but it was more of a tweek to the color scheme. Less emphasis on teal and more on black. Main logo was the same as well as the font style.

Not counting the throwback days no player has played with both Miami uniforms and the 'Florida Marlins' uniform. However if you include Spring Training, Isaac Galloway has played in all three styles.

There are also a number of active players who will be free agents who played with the first two styles. Maybin and Cishek are both coming off pretty good seasons.

SilverBullet

Marlin
Reaction score
I know that there are differences in the 90's and 2000's uniforms, but it was more of a tweek to the color scheme. Less emphasis on teal and more on black. Main logo was the same as well as the font style.

Not counting the throwback days no player has played with both Miami uniforms and the 'Florida Marlins' uniform. However if you include Spring Training, Isaac Galloway has played in all three styles.

There are also a number of active players who will be free agents who played with the first two styles. Maybin and Cishek are both coming off pretty good seasons.
Yeah but that's why the Fredi thing is of note here. Maybin and Cishek were only in two Marlins uniform styles. I know the 2003 home uniform was similar to the previous one but the changes were much larger across the entire uniform set. The black alternate and the Sunday white alternate was all new and the road uniform was changed significantly so while the home uniform was just a rearranging of colors I definitely consider the 2003 uniform set as more than just a tweak.

But even if you want to say those pre and post 03 uniforms are just a tweak Fredi Gonzalez is the only person to wear both tweaks while also wearing both Miami sets so in total its 4 for him.

A few people do qualify for 3 sets, Juan Pierre, Mike Redmond, and Conine of course. Reid Cornelius too.

Isaac Galloway was in major league spring training before 2012?

Last edited:

FishFan95

Marlin
Reaction score