What's new

Fredi on 790 right now

CTMarlinsfan

Muckdog
Reaction score
Fredi is calling into Sid Rosenberg now...highlight so far, Fredi will keep Abercrombie at the 1 hole for "long term" and Hanley is a "middle of the lineup man"

CTMarlinsfan

Muckdog
Reaction score
he also said Jake back next week and everyone back by the end of the year...

also, he'd like a player in a trade but does not want to lose anyone on the team. "You'd have to give someone up to get someone"

JonDigital

Muckdog
Reaction score
he also said Jake back next week and everyone back by the end of the year...

also, he'd like a player in a trade but does not want to lose anyone on the team. "You'd have to give someone up to get someone"

:notworthy

In a perfect world!! I want a new car but damn I don't want to pay for it. Thanks for the updates for the at work crew CT! Keep em up!

CTMarlinsfan

Muckdog
Reaction score
no problem...I actually am interning over here at 790 in production and I was listening to Sid's show...I completely forgot about it until Fredi came on the air though...if you ever get a chance to listen to Sid's show, it's a little out there, but funny and he makes great points. He also has Jason Starke (baseball writer) on every Wednesday at 2. He is a diehard Mets fan and does talk NY sports a lot, but still a great show imho

JonDigital

Muckdog
Reaction score
no problem...I actually am interning over here at 790 in production and I was listening to Sid's show...I completely forgot about it until Fredi came on the air though...if you ever get a chance to listen to Sid's show, it's a little out there, but funny and he makes great points. He also has Jason Starke (baseball writer) on every Wednesday at 2. He is a diehard Mets fan and does talk NY sports a lot, but still a great show imho
Very cool you have an internship there. No offense but I can't stand Sid Rosenburg. He is way to high and mighty all the time and talks way to much about pop culture. Plus I'm sick of hearing about the New York Hockey Rangers :lol

CTMarlinsfan

Muckdog
Reaction score
Very cool you have an internship there. No offense but I can't stand Sid Rosenburg. He is way to high and mighty all the time and talks way to much about pop culture. Plus I'm sick of hearing about the New York Hockey Rangers :lol
he's exactly the same in person...but it definently makes things lively here!

FreshFish

Muckdog
Reaction score
Fredi is calling into Sid Rosenberg now...highlight so far, Fredi will keep Abercrombie at the 1 hole for "long term" and Hanley is a "middle of the lineup man"
WOW. Fredi lost like 10 points with me there.

Reggie is getting all the opportunities with this org. Hopefully he proves us wrong and can take advantage of it

JonDigital

Muckdog
Reaction score
I don't know about everyone else but I really like what i have seen from Reggie in the 1 slot. It looks like he has more patience up there and has been making more contact then usual.

I'm trying to not let my opinions of him last season skew what he is contributing so far this season.

Hotcorner

Muckdog
Reaction score
so now today I've heard that he doesn't want to move Hermida up, and also wants to keep Abercrombie at leadoff.

:headscratch

well that's certainly one way of doing it!

FreshFish

Muckdog
Reaction score
Reggie! Reggie!

are you serious? I can understand rooting for the guy, but I would like to see a bit more logic onh this decision than "we are winning with Reggie batting lead off, so lets keep doing the same thing"

The_Godfather

Muckdog
Reaction score
Reggie! Reggie!

are you serious? I can understand rooting for the guy, but I would like to see a bit more logic onh this decision than "we are winning with Reggie batting lead off, so lets keep doing the same thing"

Basically, Reggie Abercrombie IS the next Ken Griffey Jr.

Iowa

Muckdog
Reaction score
Might as well move Olivo up to the 2 hole while we're at it

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
Reggie! Reggie!

If they bat him 8th, he is sure to be a blackhole and with the way Olivo is playing, our 7-8-9 is abysmal.

They put him at leadoff, and while the numbers aren't there right now he looks much better at the plate in his limited at bats this year than all of last year. He will see better pitches with Uggla, Hanley and Cabs in back of him instead of Mitre, Olsen and Kim.

It's certainly worth the try to hit him leadoff for a week or two. The team is playing well, and although it isn't because he is hitting first, something is going on there.

JonDigital

Muckdog
Reaction score
Reggie! Reggie!

You just answered your own question. Stick with what's working.

Mauer7

Muckdog
Reaction score
I don't mind keeping Abercrombie at the leadoff spot with the way he's played there so far. But when he sinks back down to the '06 Abercrombie......bench.

Out of the Past

Muckdog
Reaction score
I don't mind keeping Abercrombie at the leadoff spot with the way he's played there so far. But when he sinks back down to the '06 Abercrombie......bench.
He already sunk lower than '06... at least based on OBP and SLG. To me he's the same disaster, different year.

TSwift25

Muckdog
Reaction score
.214/.241/.321

Sure looks like a leadoff hitter to me.

Top Bottom