What's new

Fredi suspended

MarlinFan10

Muckdog
Reaction score
Hopefully he stays out this time and doesn't get himself suspended further. There was no need for him to "help stop" the brawl.

prinmemito

Muckdog
Reaction score
He cares about the team, so he came out to protect his guys. Nothing wrong with that. Shows he cares.

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Reaction score
This is totally unjust.

He was just trying to come to the aid of his team.

pierremvp1

Muckdog
Reaction score
Very fair punishment for the "crime".
Have to enforce the rule in some way.

Mauer7

Muckdog
Reaction score
The manager being ejected should be much of a big deal. Fredi will be in contact with Tosca throughout the game, I'm sure.

Mabdul Doobakus

Muckdog
Reaction score
It really doesn't matter. I think most of us on here could probably manage a game. But suspending a guy for trying to defuse a brawl is NBA-esque in its stupidity.

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
It really doesn't matter. I think most of us on here could probably manage a game. But suspending a guy for trying to defuse a brawl is NBA-esque in its stupidity.
Fredi was suspended because he was supposed to be in the clubhouse, not because he got in the middle of things.

Mabdul Doobakus

Muckdog
Reaction score
Fredi was suspended because he was supposed to be in the clubhouse, not because he got in the middle of things.

The only reason he left the clubhouse was to defuse a bad situation and to get in the middle of things. If he stays in the clubhouse, maybe the scene turns ugly...who knows? The MLB is not sending the right message here. No responsible manager stays in the clubhouse in that situation.

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score

The only reason he left the clubhouse was to defuse a bad situation and to get in the middle of things. If he stays in the clubhouse, maybe the scene turns ugly...who knows? The MLB is not sending the right message here. No responsible manager stays in the clubhouse in that situation.
See I think the problem is that Fredi was never actually in the clubhouse, and instead was just beyond the dugout. I dunno.

Beinfest4Prez

Muckdog
Reaction score

Both are correct. On the one hand, Fredi was right to help defuse the situation. However, the rule is there to prevent people who've been ejected from returning in any manner.

What if Fredi had come in to the stir up sh*t? Thats why the rule is there.

Mabdul Doobakus

Muckdog
Reaction score
We're going around in circles here, but the point is that he didn't go in there to stir it up. We all know this. If he had, then suspend him for 10 games for all I care. That's why I'm comparing this to the NBA's blind enforcement of rules with a complete disregard for the intentions of those involved. But this is probably worse than the NBA because whereas the NBA has had for a decade now a very clear rule that you can't leave the bench during an altercation, I don't know that the MLB has any set rules about leaving the clubhouse during an altercation. So the MLB is blindly enforcing a standard that they don't even have. If the NBA is stupidity, then, in this case, the MLB is stupidity squared. Anyway, this argument is really worth anyone's time, since it ultimately doesn't matter.

Hammerhead

Muckdog
Reaction score
Terribly managed game by Tosca. Why do you leave the infield back with 0 outs and a runner on third in a clutch situation and WHY THE HELL do you leave Pinto in to pitch to Easley who is hitting .333 against lefties?

Horrible.

BroncoBob27

Muckdog
Reaction score
It was a fair suspension. And Fredi agrees with it. No place in the rules does it say, "Except for Marlins." Whine about it all you want. Fredi did the right thing and so did MLB. Should be end of story. But for some reason this will transform into some unwarranted Tosca bashing.

Top Bottom