What's new

Fredi

Marlins97+03WC

Muckdog
Reaction score
This guy is such a softy. Does anyone remember him coming out to complain about a call so far this year?

MarlinFan10

Muckdog
Reaction score
Jack argued more than Fredi even though he was 30 years older...

Any way, you like to see the manager argue calls, but you can be a good manager without doing so.

BroncoBob27

Muckdog
Reaction score
Jack argued more than Fredi even though he was 30 years older...

Any way, you like to see the manager argue calls, but you can be a good manager without doing so.

I've commented on this topic a couple times. He has come out and "discussed" a few calls. But just once I would like to see him come out and pull a Pinella. Like when we are in a slump. It may just fire the team up. And he does have a qualified manager sitting right next to him on the bench.
Saw an article towards this not long ago. While he was 3B coach in Atlanta, Cox told him to always be quiet and never argue. He was needed on the field more. Of course Bobby is probably thrown out of more games than any manager in MLB. I think Fredi would be better off to see if he can fire the team up when they are listless by throwing a fit and then letting his coaches take over the game once in a while. But that is honestly the only bad thing I have to say so far about our rookie manager.

TheDon

Muckdog
Reaction score
If I was just a casual fan I would have no idea who the manager of this team was.

anotherrealfan

Muckdog
Reaction score
They commented on his role in Atlanta, where Bobby Cox told him that it was his job NOT to get thrown out arguing. That is the managers role, since Cox told him that the 3rd base coach is too important-knows the signs, etc. So, Fredi still has the mindset of being the 3rd base coach. We do not know what happens in the dugout. We know Cox has the rep of being easy on his players, being patient etc BUT Bobby has had veterans running the team over the years. Like Chipper and Smoltz who do the job of getting on teammates if there is a lack of effort and hustle. This is not the same team and Fredi should not think that one size fits all. He needs to adjust to his team and get on them if necessary-again, maybe he has-it just doesnt seem like it.

geemoney

Muckdog
Reaction score
If I was just a casual fan I would have no idea who the manager of this team was.
Does that matter?

rxpro

Muckdog
Reaction score
fredi sucks, joey G would have lit a match under these guys, bad defense all year and worse pitching and all Fredi says is "Julios my guy"

oh please

Bobby Cox is also close to having more ejections than any manager in history.

BeefWillingham

Muckdog
Reaction score
fredi sucks, joey G would have lit a match under these guys, bad defense all year and worse pitching and all Fredi says is "Julios my guy"

oh please

Yeah good ole 11-31, "Josh Johnson isnt a major leaguer" Joey G

TSwift25

Muckdog
Reaction score
I agree with BB.

Even when he does pop out of the dugout, it's not to get angry, but just to get qualification.

At some point, this mindset could pull a Boles as players question if he's truly out to defend them.

carjackistan

Muckdog
Reaction score
At least he's not so passive that the owner has to yell at the umps.

So far.

geemoney

Muckdog
Reaction score
I agree with BB.

Even when he does pop out of the dugout, it's not to get angry, but just to get qualification.

At some point, this mindset could pull a Boles as players question if he's truly out to defend them.
I remember people saying that about Girardi at one point last year too. I don't think you "lose" players because you don't go out and argue on their behalf, especially this being only a month and a half into the season.

miamibaseball

Muckdog
Reaction score
he nice guy but i donot know if that work in mlb i think before season is over he be thrown out .

BroncoBob27

Muckdog
Reaction score
I agree with BB.

I remember people saying that about Girardi at one point last year too. I don't think you "lose" players because you don't go out and argue on their behalf, especially this being only a month and a half into the season.

I'm not on the "losing players" mind-set either. At least not this early in the season. My theory is that he could fire the team up when they are playing blah baseball by throwing a well placed tantrum.

geemoney

Muckdog
Reaction score
I agree with BB.

I'm not on the "losing players" mind-set either. At least not this early in the season. My theory is that he could fire the team up when they are playing blah baseball by throwing a well placed tantrum.
I guess I just don't buy that logic.

Top Bottom