SonOfJack

Omnichannel Integration Expert
Writer
Reaction score

I love to see a great use of Omnichannel Integration

gizmo

Boop
Reaction score
Does this work at the neighboring houses that offer cheaper parking?

SilverBullet

Marlin
Reaction score
Good idea now work on the problem of getting out of the garage in under an hour after the game when there's actually a big crowd.

rmc523

Jumbo Shrimp
Reaction score
So....uh.....

they're going to have meter maids run through the garages and give tickets if you don't pay?

Otherwise, what's to stop people from parking without paying?

gizmo

Boop
Reaction score
So....uh.....

they're going to have meter maids run through the garages and give tickets if you don't pay?

Otherwise, what's to stop people from parking without paying?
I can imagine the garages have sensors to see if a space is occupied and cross-checked with the payment app to see if it was paid for.

SonOfJack

Writer
Reaction score
Good idea now work on the problem of getting out of the garage in under an hour after the game when there's actually a big crowd.
This.

It took me well over an hour on multiple occasions

SonOfJack

Writer
Reaction score
Vehicles in parking facilities which are invalidated during an event will be issued a promissory note to pay the event parking fee within 24 hours or the promissory note will convert to a $36.00 City of Miami parking violation citation.
A vehicle’s license plate serves as the credential for parking on event days just like many public parking options in South Florida. Vehicles will not be validated at the entrance to parking facilities through payment collection or parking pass scan. All vehicles will instead enter a parking garage or lot, subject to space availability, and proceed without validation at entrance to an available parking spot. Event attendees with a parking pass will register their vehicle’s license plate ahead of or upon arrival via ParkWhiz. All other event attendees will register their vehicle’s license plate and pay on site using the PayByPhone App or onsite pay station located in the lobby of each parking garage. Vehicles in parking facilities will be validated during the event based on the registration status of each vehicle’s license plate.

SilverBullet

Marlin
Reaction score
So the same basic idea as normal public parking. Good, getting with the times.

rmc523

Jumbo Shrimp
Reaction score
I can imagine the garages have sensors to see if a space is occupied and cross-checked with the payment app to see if it was paid for.
Doubtful. They'd have to have a plate reader at every single parking spot, which isn't happening. They'll probably have a parking vehicle with the plate reader on it connected to the parking system run through the garage after the game starts and if it pings that one isn't paid, they'll get a ticket. There's no way a parking person goes plate by plate to check.

This.

It took me well over an hour on multiple occasions
I mean, there's not much you can do about that when everyone has to funnel out through one exit. Opening multiple lanes out like they do helps, but in upper levels, what can you really do?

So the same basic idea as normal public parking. Good, getting with the times.
Yeah, after reading that, it looks like it'll essentially just operate as a normal public parking garage now. This'll be a good idea. The only problem I see is people not realizing how it works, but with enough signs, it'll be fine.

SongInTheAir

Jumbo Shrimp
Writer
Reaction score
I've only been to two games at Marlins Park (since, you know, it's 3000 miles away from me) and both games were very sparsely attended so I didn't really get the full parking lot experience. Is the parking garage owned by the city? How can the Marlins give out City of Miami parking violations? (Also, y'alls parking tickets are only $36? That sounds nice!)

SongInTheAir

Jumbo Shrimp
Writer
Reaction score
Also, in these trying political times, a quick reminder that fines are just fees for the rich.

SonOfJack

Writer
Reaction score
Is the parking garage owned by the city? How can the Marlins give out City of Miami parking violations?
Yeah, and the Marlins have to pay the city for every spot for each game day whether it is used or not. I forget how much their cost is.

SongInTheAir

Jumbo Shrimp
Writer
Reaction score
Yeah, and the Marlins have to pay the city for every spot for each game day whether it is used or not. I forget how much their cost is.
woof, that's a shit deal

"but I can no believe they tear down the oranbol it was so import!"

gizmo

Boop
Reaction score
I've only been to two games at Marlins Park (since, you know, it's 3000 miles away from me) and both games were very sparsely attended so I didn't really get the full parking lot experience. Is the parking garage owned by the city? How can the Marlins give out City of Miami parking violations? (Also, y'alls parking tickets are only $36? That sounds nice!)
Fucking fairweather fans.

DTrain

LumberKing
Reaction score
I do $10 no-blockie up the street. I actually get out of Little Havana faster that way.

Top Bottom