What's new

Friday, April 13, 2007 - Marlins @ Braves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ted Turner

Muckdog
Reaction score
GAME INFO:

FLORIDA MARLINS (5-4) AT ATLANTA BRAVES (7-1)
Starting Pitchers: Dontrelle Willis, LHP (2-0, 3.00) vs. Mark Redman, LHP (0-1, 7.94)

TV: RADIO: | XM185

Scouting Report:

Marlins: The D-Train continues to be a standout in April. After beating the Phillies his last time out, Willis improved to 11-1 with a 2.40 ERA in his career in April. Willis has worked six innings in each of his first two starts, and he comes off a nine-strikeout performance vs. Philadelphia. Against the Braves, the lefty was 2-1 with a 5.18 ERA a year ago.

Braves: Redman managed to limit damage before being charged with three runs in the sixth inning of his season debut against the Mets on Friday night. While holding the Mets to just two runs through the first five innings, this soft-tossing veteran left-hander showed an ability to be crafty against arguably the National League's best lineup. He hasn't recorded a decision while posting a 2.08 ERA in two career starts against the Marlins.

Full Preview Here

Key performance records for FLORIDA
More To Come, but it won't matter as the Braves will tomahawk them into oblivion

Key performance records for BRAVES
First Place in the NL East

BRAVES TV: Turner Broadcasting System, that would be my TBS for the rest of you.

furcalchick

Muckdog
Reaction score
nicely done ted! i'm hoping someone else does the game thread tomorrow though. :thumbup

as you know, we lost last night to the stupid nats (no offense) and i think we're going to lose again tonight, i think redman's dead meat.

i'll be doing a lineup analysis when it's up.

Libelula

Muckdog
Reaction score
I don't know who deleted my topic on the main board but I apologize to that mods. That thing got crazy. Thank God it was deleted. People got angry. Ha ha.

Hollyberry

Muckdog
Reaction score
Hanley
Uggla
Cabrera
Willingham
Olivo
Ross
Boone
Borchard
Willis

Lovely. I hope De Aza is not hurting too much.

Hollyberry

Muckdog
Reaction score
I don't know who deleted my topic on the main board but I apologize to that mods. That thing got crazy. Thank God it was deleted. People got angry. Ha ha.
One rule on MB.com. NEVER EVER talk about our horrible attendance.

furcalchick

Muckdog
Reaction score
Braves lineups with comments:
K. Johnson 2b .161 - lead off guy, not really. he's lacking in the hitting department and alot of fans don't like him.
E. Renteria ss .333 - solid #2 hitter with another great start, hitting in 7 of the first nine games of the year
C. Jones 3b .294 - hit his first homer in wed's game against the nats. could be a big year if he avoids injury and the dl.
A. Jones cf .182 - he's finally starting to heat up after a cool first week.
J. Francoeur rf .286 - just got walk #2 of the year last night, he's more patient than before and had a 5 rbi night tuesday
M. Diaz lf .375 - i think everyone here knows about him...
C. Wilson 1b .071 - this guy has been terrible at the plate, even worse than scott thorman (who's doing okay)
B. Pena c .000 - i guess mccann needed a day off, but still...
M. Redman p .000 - laid an egg last week, just hope he doesn't screw up big time and put the game out of reach.

i don't like this braves lineup. only saving grace is diaz. we didn't hit a homer for the first time all season last night, so dontrelle should try to keep the ball down or it could be homers galore for him.

Dodge

Muckdog
Reaction score
Boone's starting... this could be interesting.

VNYB

Muckdog
Reaction score
No reason for Jake to be out of the lineup I know Boone needs some abs but not when we are playing the Braves. He (Jake) has hit more HR against them then any othe team.
Don't like it.

Jimmy42Jack0

Muckdog
Reaction score
i think id rather see jake against redman since ive ridden a tricycle that went faster than mark's fastball and to match up lefty-lefty there wouldnt be such a bad matchup in our favor

Jimmy42Jack0

Muckdog
Reaction score
Watch Boone hit for the cycle.
if that happens...he will be aaron "bleeping" boone in more than one city

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom