What's new

Front Office

Malman

Muckdog
Reaction score
Kudos to Beinfest and staff for giving Cabrera a chance. They could have easily stayed with Banks/Hollandsworth and waited for a return on their investment. They were willing to admit a mistake and have hopefully found a way to rectify it. I for one, can't wait to see Cabs this weekend.

Let's hope DW has found some competition for Rookie of the Year!

Marlins2003

Muckdog
Reaction score
Mal, I agree completely.

And the good thing about this is if he (Cabrera) works out that means we have a $300,000 a year left fielder instead of a $1.5 million or $3 million left fielder next year if we have to find someone new.

Cabrera's success may significantly help keep Mike Lowell. Cabrera isn't going anywhere for the next six years. Being able to bring along guys like Willis and Cabrera, if they pan out, means so much to the economics of this team while the FO gets ticket sales up to where it belongs.

Beinfest deserves credit for implementing his vision of this team. With the limited resources available to him and the unwinding of the old losing Marlins, I've come to believe he is capable of bringing winning baseball back to south florida.

Hotcorner

Muckdog
Reaction score
They've got to keep Lowell. I just won't be able to bear losing this guy. Losing Castillo I can handle. 7 million for even a great leadoff hitter is pretty tough to justify. Bringing up Cabrera and now hearing about the Cubs trade gives me some hope...

I can't say all their moves have worked out, but I give them credit for not settling. That team last year had a lot of promise and didn't succeed, so they changed it. This team struggled early so they made a coaching change. Now they're playing much more consistently and they want to take advantage of all the cards in their deck.

AJBurnett34

Muckdog
Reaction score
Yea Beinfest is really getting a bit smarter! I hope he isnt dumb enough to trade Mike Lowell.

Cabrera will have some Competition with Willis but Miguel isnt going to play much ( i have a feeling). Banks has been doing good and Jack wont take him out that much.

Wild Card

Muckdog
Reaction score
They didn't call-up Miguel to gain ML experience on the bench...

He is definately going to play...

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
they already said TH and Banks will be on the bench

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
So Cabs is starting tonight?
i dunno.

but in the Herald, it says that he is taking over for TH in LF and that TJ had a talk with Holly last nigh

odom006

Muckdog
Reaction score
now this could have all been avoided if we neva gave up Millar 4 nothing!!!!!

but anywayz it all works out very very nice...

xdannyx25

Muckdog
Reaction score
now this could have all been avoided if we neva gave up Millar 4 nothing!!!!!

but anywayz it all works out very very nice...
millar could never field. and he dissed everyone, signing a contract and then leaving from japan after you signed a contract, you just dont do that. just causes more conflicts with japan league players comign to US MLB

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
ill take hitting ova fielding any day.....
wonderful...

we wouldnt of had Mark Redman though...

so get over it

xdannyx25

Muckdog
Reaction score
trust me if you went to the games he made stupid mistakes, you would hate the guy, when i say he cant field, i mean he cant even do routine flys, line drives, and ground balls to the outfield.

odom006

Muckdog
Reaction score
lol ramp i been ova it, i mean i wont lie with ya there have been times this season i have said to my self "damn, he is tearing it up with the redsox" and than i look at Holly and said to my self STIFF STIFF STIFF!!!!!!

the man couldnt make it with the DUDGERS,Rockies, and Rangers i mean that right there should have told us he was a bum......

I miss preston and cliff too CLIFF SUXS this year, Preston was a class act the best CF we have eva had in our History i wish him the best of luck.....

Preston this year batting 323 15 HR's 62 RBI"s.....

AMAZING

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
that's ridiculous...

Millar was below avg defensively but you make it seem like he is a pitcher trying to play LF....

he wasnt as bad as you make him seem

odom006

Muckdog
Reaction score
hahahah i know he is ova Xagerating but thats cool..... no Preston he could play CF

who cares MIGGY is thy SAVIOR......

xdannyx25

Muckdog
Reaction score
stop stressing this guy, yes he has done good in the minors, but let him prove his statistics in the major league before treating him as a king and will take the marlins to the world series. first let him prove his statistic consistenly, then go busting nuts on how great he is.

ramp, the guys sucked, over ran balls, didnt know basic features of charging the ball get it in his glove before trying to throw. he just isnt made for it. he sucked plain and simpel no way around it.

cliff sucks, wilson would have a way less productive year wthout Coors, if we were to put him back at PPS he' be the same thing with a bigger salary

Top Bottom