What's new

Fundamental Baseball

FreshFish

Muckdog
Reaction score
Where is it?

Not throwing strikes, playing horrible defense, making the wrong defensive decisions, making stupid mistakes on the base pads, etc etc.

Time for Fredi to go ape on this team behind closed doors.

How do we fix this?

No Fudamental baseball = Team finishing below .500 (And at this point we aren't a 500 caliber team). I'm afraid these thing won't be able to be fixed on one season

Wild Card

Muckdog
Reaction score
This team will be 10 games over .500 after June. Book it.

These guys are all still young. Early season struggles are inevitable. As the season progresses, so will the team. We've had some big harships early on, losing Tank, Hermida, and Julio's struggles... All we need right now is time.

VNYB

Muckdog
Reaction score
How did I know someone would start bitching again.

CapeFish

Muckdog
Reaction score
Do I have to open a can of whoopass on you?

Didn't we go over the anti-jinx before? Good job jinx :thumbdown

Wild Card

Muckdog
Reaction score
Do I have to open a can of whoopass on you?

Didn't we go over the anti-jinx before? Good job jinx :thumbdown

In 2003, when I predicted our win total and wild card finish to a tee, and then we won the world series, wasn't I considered the "jinx"?

Seems to me I should jinx us everyear.

LordMagnus

Muckdog
Reaction score
You forgot something - striking out way too much at the plate. Showing no discipline whatsoever.

Psycho Sid

Muckdog
Reaction score
Gee, I never would expect the youngest team in the league to have these sort of problems.

gomarlins9703

Muckdog
Reaction score
we are playing sloppy and seem half asleep. no one is bitching, it's only the facts. the team is not playing funamentally sound ball.

Hotcorner

Muckdog
Reaction score
3 hits facing John freaking Maine makes me sad.

Dodge

Muckdog
Reaction score
This won't go on for long, we've got a lot of injuries right now. I think when Tank, Hermida, De Aza, and JJ are back in full force, we're going to be a top team.

Hotcorner

Muckdog
Reaction score
yeah we def need JJ & Nolasco back in the rotation.

Eddie Altamonte

Muckdog
Reaction score
Where is it?

Not throwing strikes, playing horrible defense, making the wrong defensive decisions, making stupid mistakes on the base pads, etc etc.

How do we fix this?

No Fudamental baseball = Team finishing below .500 (And at this point we aren't a 500 caliber team). I'm afraid these thing won't be able to be fixed on one season
Is his fault, he messed up the team's cohesiveness with the Julio fiasco. It kills the entire composure of the team

We sure do, we also need to get Pasta out of CF

FreshFish

Muckdog
Reaction score
Gee, I never would expect the youngest team in the league to have these sort of problems.
?

1) Most of them aren't rookies
2) There is something called the minors, where players are supposed to be instructed and work on the fudamentals

Where is it?

How do we fix this?

Is his fault, he messed up the team's cohesiveness with the Julio fiasco. It kills the entire composure of the team

We sure do, we also need to get Pasta out of CF

So Julio is to blame? pleease

If what you say is true, then we have a group of weak minded and is going to be a very long season.

Psycho Sid

Muckdog
Reaction score
?

2) There is something called the minors, where players are supposed to be instructed and work on the fudamentals

So every player that has been in the minors for a while is expected to not make "fudamental" errors? Oh OK.

FreshFish

Muckdog
Reaction score
?

So every player that has been in the minors for a while is expected to not make "fudamental" errors? Oh OK.

Is not about not making errors. Is the frequency that is happening.

VNYB

Muckdog
Reaction score
?

Is not about not making errors. Is the frequency that is happening.

We only had 4 fielding errors going in to yesturdays game! I'll give you we have had too many mental errors on the bases.

Out of the Past

Muckdog
Reaction score
Where is it?

How do we fix this?

I think the number 1 problem so far this season is the starting pitching which has been terrible. The starters are 15th in ERA, 16th in BA allowed (.304), 15th in innings per start (this is excluding Mitre's last start), 16th in OPS allowed and 16th in WHIP.

djfunz

Muckdog
Reaction score

agreed 100%

Where is it?

How do we fix this?

I think the number 1 problem so far this season is the starting pitching which has been terrible. The starters are 15th in ERA, 16th in BA allowed (.304), 15th in innings per start (this is excluding Mitre's last start), 16th in OPS allowed and 16th in WHIP.

Our pitching was generally o.k. to start the season (first 6 games) bad starts tend to follow in succession....the starting pitcher can pitch perfect just to have the the reliever or closer consistantly ruin your perfect performance. Team chemistry is severly affected behind closed doors because of this...and our W-L ratio in the last 7 games proves this!

TheDon

Muckdog
Reaction score

These guys are all still young. Early season struggles are inevitable. As the season progresses, so will the team. We've had some big harships early on, losing Tank, Hermida, and Julio's struggles... All we need right now is time.

Sounds like a ban bet to me.

If there 10 games over on June 2nd I take 2 weeks off.

If not, you do.

Deal?

3 hits facing John freaking Maine makes me sad.

I sat Batters Box for that game and he was absolutely filthy.

I was shocked. His ball had so much movement is was scary.

Top Bottom