What's new

Gabe was relased

Status
Not open for further replies.

SportsCenter

Muckdog
Reaction score
The Rockies relased Gabe Kalper today , maybe if Miguel doesnt work in LF they can sign Gabe to play LF. Is that a bad idea.

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
Miguel WILL work(think positive thoughts)

Kapler would be nice on the bench

Hotcorner

Muckdog
Reaction score
He was making around 3.5 million I think, must be playing awfully bad...?

Mephisto

Muckdog
Reaction score
He would be a nice addition. I think the marlins should try and trade TH for anything and then sign Kapler.

Mephisto

Muckdog
Reaction score
Thats true. Then again the marlins could sign him to a minor league deal, and we have all agreed anything is better than TH. Besides the job would go to Banks/Cabrera. Kapler would be a reserve.

Hanleylicious

Muckdog
Reaction score
:blink: goddamn look at his numbers....I'll take Todd Hollandsworth offensively over Gabe, but than i again i dont think Kapler falls on his a$$ during a routine fly ball.

CapeFish

Muckdog
Reaction score
Kapler couldn't bunt a HR at COORS, come on. He would have a nervous breakdown at PPS with the Teal Monster out there.

Gabe: "It haunts me, the teal thing. It takes away me HR's and gives me problems with the carems. It must die...burns down PPS OF wall in fit of madness"

SportsCenter

Muckdog
Reaction score
He would be a nice addition. I think the marlins should try and trade TH for anything and then sign Kapler.
y trade him ? just relase him

Mephisto

Muckdog
Reaction score
So is not like if he's in a homerun chase or anything. Is true he has huge muscles but still. Anyways the man must want to just play anywhere right now if he was sent down so that they could call up Greg there's a problem.

markotsay7

y trade him ? just relase him When you release someone, you have to buy out their contract...they could place him on waivers but someone might claim him...

Mephisto

Muckdog
Reaction score
Exactly is better if we get a nobody thats suppose to be a prospect than just realse TH and buy his contract. Who knows maybe that minor leaguer is the next big thing or something.

CapeFish

Muckdog
Reaction score
I agree AJ, we own his contract so no harm done if we send him down. This is a good move. Platoon Cabs/Banks/TH like you were doing when Allen was up here. Just play Cabs the most.

Marlins2003

Muckdog
Reaction score
If you absolutely needed a homerun guy off the bench there's always Robert Stratton on the 'Topes. 25 homeruns already, hits .250 with a .652 slugging percentage. Unfortunately like last year's Preston Wilson, his .OBP is a startling .298.
For the $150,000 he'd cost for the rest of the year, if an extra roster slot opened up (i.e., two catchers not three), it might be fun to watch the guy take his rips.

CapeFish

Muckdog
Reaction score
Let's see how Cabs does shall we. The kid is the top baseball prospect in the world, ok. We have the Devil rays as the lab mice for his premiere. Rocco Vs. Willis/Cabs This will be fun! :D

xdannyx25

Muckdog
Reaction score
He was hitting an whopping .224 in Colorado for god sakes.
your judging the guy with 67 at bats? i think that avg is pretty dam good
out of the 67 at batted in, more then 20 of those at bats are PH and comign in at late innings such as past the 7th. i see him as another brad fullmer, batting wise

and no were no going to get him, for g*ds sake, were here thinking of ways to get rid of salary, and you think there going to add

and gabe makes $3,425,000, were never going to get him.

have any of you ever thought, that hollandsworth should stay on the bench, and mckeon should try banks in there most of the week or so and mix it up with fox and chad allen. fox never gets playign time anymore, people have seem to forgot that with the diamondbacks he did play the outfield which made him valuable, infield and outfield

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
we have seen Fox in LF and it aint pretty

if we sign Kapler it would cost us $250,000 with the Rox paying the rest of his money.... it wouldnt cost us much

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom