What's new

Game 2 thoughts

Hotcorner

Muckdog
Reaction score
Hermida & Gardner the bullpen get my goats of the game today.

Hermida 0-5 with 6 left on base, Gardner/Tank can't keep it close in the 9th. Pitchers threw 11 walks total.

Amezaga shouldn't be in the outfield, much less starting. Get well soon De Aza & Jake.

And our typical 3 errors a game. :thumbup

Nice to see the offense fight back though. Hanley & Uggla were terrific.

Hollyberry

Muckdog
Reaction score
Nice comeback in the 9th. Hopefully they will keep that fight for tomorrow's game.

JetsMania

Muckdog
Reaction score
They came back which is a good sign. I turned it off in the 8th so I missed it, but give them credit for that. To bad they couldnt hold them in the 10th.

Oh well time to win tomorrow

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
fun game

people want to blame Amezaga but from what I have been told, that is just Uggla's ball or no ones

perhaps Reggie can make a play on it, but perhaps not

Rollins scores from 2b on the next play anyway

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
Blame lies on Amezaga 100% as far as I'm concerned.
Well you didn't even see the play (nor did I for that matter, but I have heard from a few pretty good sources that it was an extremely tough play)

Bucklin12

Muckdog
Reaction score
Blame lies on 8 runs allowed, including 4 by the bullpen.

Blame lies on Lee Gardner giving up 3 in the ninth, and even more blame on Fredi for trying to get more than 3 outs out of him.

Bad call by Fredi. Bad pitching most everywhere around. Bad defense. If it wasn't for Uggla and Hanley, this wouldn't have been a win possibility. We deserved to lose.

Hotcorner

Muckdog
Reaction score
Blame lies on 8 runs allowed, including 4 by the bullpen.

Blame lies on Lee Gardner giving up 3 in the ninth, and even more blame on Fredi for trying to get more than 3 outs out of him.

Bad call by Fredi. Bad pitching most everywhere around. Bad defense. If it wasn't for Uggla and Hanley, this wouldn't have been a win possibility. We deserved to lose.
yeah I should've added that. Don't need to see Gardner out there for 2 innings.

Tank hasn't gotten on track at all this season.

mittman

Muckdog
Reaction score
Do we really want to do a post game on this one after how the game thread ended? :blink:

Bucklin12

Muckdog
Reaction score
I think we need to begin a new search for a new manager. He's stupidly stubborn just like Bobby Cox. This isn't the Braves.

mittman

Muckdog
Reaction score
Nice to see that they didn't just lie down after the pen gave up those runs.

Still don't know if Hanley ran through a stop sign or not.

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
I think we need to begin a new search for a new manager.
thats ridiculous

when Lindstrom is used for 1 innings, Fredi gets beaten up for it

when he extends Lee Gardner, he gets beaten up for it

Bucklin12

Muckdog
Reaction score
I think we need to begin a new search for a new manager.
thats ridiculous

when Lindstrom is used for 1 innings, Fredi gets beaten up for it

when he extends Lee Gardner, he gets beaten up for it

Lindstrom should only pitch 1 in most cases. And it's not just tonight, there have been far too many managerial blunders to ignore this season. Trust me... I have stuck up for Fredi numerous times, even this morning I did... but I can't take it anymore. I don't know if it's him or him adhering to Beinfest. I don't want to have to rip on Fredi, but mistakes happen and that's cool... but when mistakes happen repeatedly, it's unacceptable.

Marlins2003

Muckdog
Reaction score
I continue to believe until Cabrera has protection in the lineup we'll continue to have nights like this.

I know I'm a voice crying in the wilderness but until they go get the guy a bat behind him or move Hanley there the only decent pitch he'll see is in a Mercedes showroom. Willingham is a nice boy. Ditto Jacobs and Hermida. They just don't command the respect needed to force pitchers to at least twice before pitching around Miggy.

TheDon

Muckdog
Reaction score
Blame lies on Amezaga 100% as far as I'm concerned.

Thats pure silliness.

If we want to play "ifs" I'd go with Reggie not going from 1st to 3rd on the Boone single in the bottom of the ninth. Reggie scores the winning run on the subsequent wild pitch but even that is a big "if".

Ive been a hardcore Marlins fan for 10 years and this was one of the most heart wrenching losses Ive experienced after that hardcore comeback in the bottom of the 9th.

Give the Phillies credit too. They just kept pounding out big base hits.

Damn.

Out of the Past

Muckdog
Reaction score
Just a couple of things.

First, even down by 4 going into the bottom of the 9th I still felt we had a shot because of the way we've come back from behind all season.

Second, Reggie should NEVER pinch run again. Hammer makes it to 3rd on the throw home and Hammer scores from 3rd on the wild pitch.

Strike 3

Muckdog
Reaction score
I admit I get nervous with Reggie coming in to pinch run. Speed does not = smart base runner.

fanfish

Muckdog
Reaction score
Yes, we lost (for several reasons) and it hurts, but damn.................what a comeback in the ninth!

I'm proud of a team that can do that!

Psychologically, this can be a lift for the team as much as a disappointment.

Top Bottom