Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
Mitre was outstanding

Uggla continues his hot May

Hermida goes yard

Hanley atones for his error

Bullpen does well

Amezaga was unleashed (that meets his quota for the week though)

FreshFish

Muckdog
Reaction score
would like to see Amezaga on the lead off again

Mitre continues to impress.

MarlinFan10

Muckdog
Reaction score
I believe this was game 2 vs. the Pirates, but it was still very fun to watch. :mischief

CapeFish

Muckdog
Reaction score
ole ole ole....ole ole........

At least we snapped the 4 game slide.

Now can we please bite the bullet, put Miggy on the DL, and COD him to Doctor's Hospital so he can get the back and side checked out and rested into health?

Reaction score
Pirates took away a few hits with a few sparkling plays and several outs were pretty hard. No complaints from me regarding the offense.

Mitre was absolutely filthy, especially with the change-up, which is something I don't see myself saying very often.

Nice win and that was a nifty play by Uggla turning the double play barehanded.

BUT if Amezaga at lead-off and Ramirez batting in the third spot becomes a regular thing = :thumbdown

The_Godfather

Muckdog
Reaction score
Amazing how quickly this 1 game can change the feelings about the whole season. Mitre looks Derrick Lowe-ish right now, Hermida looks like the Hermida we thought he would be, and in a couple weeks we will be healthy again and ready to go. I think we will go on the same kind of tear we went on last year in June/July. Just consider this to be a head start compared to last year. I can't wait 'till we are healthy and look like this:

1. De Aza
2. Hermida
3. Hanley
4. Cabs
5. Willingham/Jacobs
6. Jacobs/Willingham
7. Uggla
8. Olivo

Staff-

Dontrelle
Olsen
Josh Johnson
Mitre
Anibal

Bullpen -

Gregg
BY Kim
Lindstrom
Tank
Petit
Nolasco

Closer: Henry Owens.

Thats a nice team. :thumbup

miamibaseball

Muckdog
Reaction score
like the way this lineup workout but cab will be back on wed were will he go on lineup???????

FreshFish

Muckdog
Reaction score
Amazing how quickly this 1 game can change the feelings about the whole season. Mitre looks Derrick Lowe-ish right now, Hermida looks like the Hermida we thought he would be, and in a couple weeks we will be healthy again and ready to go. I think we will go on the same kind of tear we went on last year in June/July. Just consider this to be a head start compared to last year. I can't wait 'till we are healthy and look like this:

1. De Aza
2. Hermida
3. Hanley
4. Cabs
5. Willingham/Jacobs
6. Jacobs/Willingham
7. Uggla
8. Olivo

Staff-

Dontrelle
Olsen
Josh Johnson
Mitre
Anibal

Bullpen -

Gregg
BY Kim
Lindstrom
Tank
Petit
Nolasco

the potential of that pitching staff is scary. . .

Real_Teal

Muckdog
Reaction score
Mitre pitched a great game for his first W, way to go! The line up did great with their revised order. I would not mind seeing Amezaga at the lead off spot. He can do more on the bases at leadoff than 7 or 8 in the line up.

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
Amezaga is good once or twice a week... maybe 3 times

there is no reason he should be starting more than that

he needs the rest

Beastie

Muckdog
Reaction score
I dont know I think its a waste to have Hanley leading off but at the same time Ramp is right about Amezaga. You cant really count on him being that effective for any period of time really.

Maybe once De Aza comes back we can do something but I cant see anything for a long period of time with Amezaga leading off. I wouldnt doubt it if he's there tommorrow though.

Marlins2003

Muckdog
Reaction score
I still believe we'll soon see Ramirez batting immediately behind Cabrera whether it's 3-4 or 4-5 with Uggla and possibly Jacobs hitting ahead of the duo depending on the lineup, followed by Willingham and Olivo. To me that could lead to a dynamic lineup if De Aza or Amezaga or fillintheblank can lead-off and get on base. Hanley's bat works anywhere in the lineup you put him behind Cabrera and this is a completely different and offensively superior team.

Fish4Life

Muckdog
Reaction score
Mitre continues to throw solid which is GREAT!

Hermida, great to see him trot around the bags

prinmemito

Muckdog
Reaction score
I still believe we'll soon see Ramirez batting immediately behind Cabrera whether it's 3-4 or 4-5 with Uggla and possibly Jacobs hitting ahead of the duo depending on the lineup, followed by Willingham and Olivo. To me that could lead to a dynamic lineup if De Aza or Amezaga or fillintheblank can lead-off and get on base. Hanley's bat works anywhere in the lineup you put him behind Cabrera and this is a completely different and offensively superior team.

Very interesting thought.

Hanley protecting Miggy. It makes sense to me.

I dont know I think its a waste to have Hanley leading off but at the same time Ramp is right about Amezaga. You cant really count on him being that effective for any period of time really.

Maybe once De Aza comes back we can do something but I cant see anything for a long period of time with Amezaga leading off. I wouldnt doubt it if he's there tommorrow though.

De Aza should go nowhere near the leadoff spot.

Beastie

Muckdog
Reaction score

De Aza should go nowhere near the leadoff spot.

If Amezaga can lead off...anyone can :lol

Nny

Muckdog
Reaction score
Even with a .266 BAA, he had a .355 OBP in his minor league career, and that's what matters. At first I thought De Aza leading off was stupid too, until I looked at his minor league OBP.

I still say he should earn the role, wait a couple months to make sure that OBP carries over to the majors. But if it does, I wouldn't mind seeing him lead off.

Just for reference, Hanley's minor league OBP: .352. Last year: .353.

My only problem though is that I'd want Cabrera batting third to get him more ABs. And I'd want Ramirez batting ahead of Cabrera, to allow Cabrera to bat him in.

Also, man, that Pierre trade is looking ridiculous. Three good young major league pitchers, not aces but at worst they are quality inning eaters, for one year of a CFer.

rorod

Muckdog
Reaction score

1. De Aza
2. Hermida
3. Hanley
4. Cabs
5. Willingham/Jacobs
6. Jacobs/Willingham
7. Uggla
8. Olivo

Staff-

Dontrelle
Olsen
Josh Johnson
Mitre
Anibal

Bullpen -

Gregg
BY Kim
Lindstrom
Tank
Petit
Nolasco

i like it

Cabrerafan

Muckdog
Reaction score

I worry that Hanley may try to do too much and overswing if he were in the 3rd spot.

Top Bottom