What's new

Game 4 thoughts

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
Well that was certainly ugly, huh?

First of all, Jamie Moyer's changeup tonight was Santana-esque. Holy crap he made us looking morons all night long and especially in the 5th inning(runners on 1st/3rd, no outs). Before I rip the Marlins, I gotta give all the credit in the world to the pitcher who is now 4-0 against us.

Sergio Mitre had some real good movement on his pitches tonight. Ugly line, but just 1 of those runs earned. Obviously he needs to learn how to pitch better after an error, but I think this is an encouraging start.

I had no problem with Olivo running thru, what appeared to be, a stop sign on his triple. A rookie was up next and it took a perfect throw home to get him and it was. The same can not be said for Uggla's throw home. That was terrible.

As for the atmosphere. I enjoyed myself but what happened to the Marlins WS billboards on the RF wall? There is now a little pennant in LF(in the black area next to the Tower) that shows our 2 titles. Pretty weak IMO.

Nolasco hung a few pitches and was lucky to give up just the 3.

Lindstrom, Gardner and Gregg all looked solid.

I hope Mitre isn't out longer than this weekend. And Treanor catching Willis tomorrow is a blessing in disguise. Train always pitches better with Matt out there.

I think I hit everything there is after tonight's game. We didn't show up tonight and the Phillies did. Not a demoralizing loss but it sucks that 40,000 had to see it happen.

Fish4Life

Muckdog
Reaction score
We got beat down bad.. I personally think we beat ourselfs with those stupid errors! But hey what can you do, its early..

The atmosphere was great though, 40,000+++

Hotcorner

Muckdog
Reaction score
so many harmless popups with men on base it was ridiculous.

geemoney

Muckdog
Reaction score
so many harmless popups with men on base it was ridiculous.
That's Moyer's M.O.

MarlinFan10

Muckdog
Reaction score
The Phillies played a much better game than the Marlins. It happens. I think our pitchers match up better in the next two games so hopefully we can still take the series. This game was just a loss. Not a demoralizing implosion like Game 3.

Hollyberry

Muckdog
Reaction score
Good crowd, good energy, bad result.

Those pop ups with men on base really killed us. Argh... Win tomorrow please.

Did you hear the fans booing Julio? Ouch but he deserved it ;) .

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
heheh yea (and amazingly one of them wasn't me!)

Hollyberry

Muckdog
Reaction score
One good thing came out of that. Atleast we know fans are watching the Marlins on t.v.

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
One good thing came out of that. Atleast we know fans are watching the Marlins on t.v.
well the Marlins usually have very good tv ratings

mctw3nty2t3n22

Muckdog
Reaction score
Kind of off topic but, i get a very good vibe from this team..and i know that they arent happy after losing these past two games and that this team really wants to win win win... im lookin forward to the rest of this season

Reaction score

Good crowd? If you mean attendance wise, yes. But the Marlins, by far have some of the dumbest baseball fans. I was in the crowd of people and everytime the Marlins poped out with 2 men on in the 6th, the crowd would cheer like they just homered. It was just dumb. People dont know when to cheer in Florida. Energy would have been better if we had clutch hitting. It was sad seeing arguably, 2 of the 4 best hitters on the team strand those men on base like that. Didnt matter after Burrels bomb, but thats just not what we want to see from our Fish.

Tomorrow should be awesome, Myers vs Willis, both had good starts to the year. Ill be there and Ill be disappointed if the attendance numbers drop more than 10,000, even though it probablly will, seeing as its Florida fans.

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
Good crowd? If you mean attendance wise, yes. But the Marlins, by far have some of the dumbest baseball fans. I was in the crowd of people and everytime the Marlins poped out with 2 men on in the 6th, the crowd would cheer like they just homered. It was just dumb. People dont know when to cheer in Florida.
that's baseball fans in general

although I agree, our fans aren't very knowledgeable

Ramp, did that bat get anywhere near you?
nope, I was behind homeplate

prinmemito

Muckdog
Reaction score
1. Miggy looked lazy at third. No excuse for that error. I think that started everything off.
2. Mitre had nasty stuff. Too bad the errors really cost him a game. How many strikeouts did he have? I counted at least 6.
3. Uggla seems to be struggling.
4. Jake looks damn good. He had some solid hits and one solid out.
5. De Aza is for real.
6. Like our bullpen's work, except for Ricky.

Overall I saw a lot of the same kinds of mistakes we made last year. Rookie mistakes. They shouldn't make those mistakes anymore.

Ramp, I disagree with you about Olivo. He was out by a mile. He should have stopped.

The bat hit the little kid, right?

About that, Victorino is an ass. Most players go and have a look to see if everything is okay when they throw their bat into the crowd. He didn't do a damn thing.

Reaction score
1. Miggy looked lazy at third. No excuse for that error. I think that started everything off.
2. Mitre had nasty stuff. Too bad the errors really cost him a game. How many strikeouts did he have? I counted at least 6.
3. Uggla seems to be struggling.
4. Jake looks damn good. He had some solid hits and one solid out.
5. De Aza is for real.
6. Like our bullpen's work, except for Ricky.

Overall I saw a lot of the same kinds of mistakes we made last year. Rookie mistakes. They shouldn't make those mistakes anymore.

Ramp, I disagree with you about Olivo. He was out by a mile. He should have stopped.

The bat hit the little kid, right?

About that, Victorino is an ass. Most players go and have a look to see if everything is okay when they throw their bat into the crowd. He didn't do a damn thing.

A Phillies representative, or clubhouse guy, something, came down and they brought whoever got hit to the Phillies area after the game, so Im pretty sure they got off okay. Vic didnt take anytime out, which your right, was kinda of a mistake, but I think it all got resolved, I was a section away and saw them talking to someone in the crowd near where it happended so Im sure that was the outcome, otherwise they probablly got them whatever autographs and made sure it was okay.

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score

Well I didn't think it was bang bang, but it still took a good throw. Also with De Aza on deck, it isn't the worst move ever.

and on the Miggy error, he needs to stay down on the ball, thats just Baseball 101

although he rebounded later in the game, but it was too late

BeefWillingham

Muckdog
Reaction score

Good crowd? If you mean attendance wise, yes. But the Marlins, by far have some of the dumbest baseball fans. I was in the crowd of people and everytime the Marlins poped out with 2 men on in the 6th, the crowd would cheer like they just homered. It was just dumb. People dont know when to cheer in Florida. Energy would have been better if we had clutch hitting. It was sad seeing arguably, 2 of the 4 best hitters on the team strand those men on base like that. Didnt matter after Burrels bomb, but thats just not what we want to see from our Fish.

Tomorrow should be awesome, Myers vs Willis, both had good starts to the year. Ill be there and Ill be disappointed if the attendance numbers drop more than 10,000, even though it probablly will, seeing as its Florida fans.

It is like that anywhere. Go to a game anywhere and no matter what the situation, the moment the home batter puts the ball in play the crowd will get very excited, most of the time incredibly unnecessarily excited.

Reaction score
seems to happen alot more in the Marlins games then it does the other 14 stadiums I have been too, multiple times each.

IrishHarrington

Muckdog
Reaction score
nolasco has pitched like crap in spring training and in this outing i am starting to get concerned , however i was encouraged by the way mitre pitched

Top Bottom