What's new

Game of the Day

RossInfoMan

Muckdog
Reaction score
Athletics 25, Mariners 10

By JIM COUR
.c The Associated Press

PEORIA, Ariz. (AP) - The Oakland Athletics and Seattle Mariners put on quite a hitting show on the day they were supposed to open the season in Japan.

Eric Chavez hit one of Oakland's seven home runs and the Athletics had 31 hits in a 25-10 victory over the Mariners on Tuesday.

The teams originally were scheduled to play their season opener in Japan on Tuesday but the trip was called off because of the war in Iraq.

The result would likely have been very different if this game had counted. Instead of a matchup of aces, the A's sent Ted Lilly out to face Gil Meche.

``I think the lineups would have been a little different,'' A's manager Ken Macha said.

Frank Menechino, Mark Ellis, Ramon Hernandez, Billy McMillon, Adam Piatt and David McCarty homered for the A's, who had their highest-scoring game in spring training since at least 1986 - as far back as the team's records go. Their previous high was 22 runs against the Chicago White Sox on March 8, 2000.

The 25 runs were the most ever in a spring game against the Mariners. The previous high was 22 on March 17, 2002.

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Reaction score
I didnt know the Raiders were playing the Seabags.....

:hat

MarlinsFans46

Muckdog
Reaction score
It's nice to see Billy McMillon do well, I always liked him when he was with us (and the Sea Dogs, for that matter).

Latest posts

Top Bottom