What's new

Gammons notes

Teal Shadow

Muckdog
Reaction score
http://espn.go.com/gammons/s/2003/0428/1546023.html

" Boston's bullpen problems are well-documented, worsened by Chad Fox's pulled oblique muscle. So look for the Red Sox to do something quickly. One immediate possibility is a three-way deal that would sent Shea Hillenbrand to the Cubs, closer Scott Williamson to the Red Sox and Juan Cruz to the Reds. GM Jim Bowden has been looking for a low-cost starter (he could move Danny Graves to the bullpen), and the Cubs have been scouting Hillenbrand. "

*this means "IF" Shea Hillenbrand is trade to the Cubs, Lowell will more than likely stays a Marlin after June regardless if we are in or out of th race OR................. next line

" Dodgers GM Dan Evans says he is not trading Adrian Beltre, at least not for the foreseeable future. "We're not a team built on offense," Evans said. "We're built on pitching and defense, and our offense is going to go through difficult periods. But Shawn Green is going to hit; he hit four homers in his first 49 games last season and finished with 42. Fred McGriff is going to hit. And we still believe that Beltre is going to hit. (Manager) Jim (Tracy) sat both Adrian and Fred down last week because he wanted to shake things up, but we're not throwing in the towel. It is April."

*opitions for the future at 1B and 3B?

" The Marlins suddenly have two of the best prospects in the game in third baseman Miguel Cabrera (.389, 1.082 OPS in Double-A) and first baseman Adrian Gonzalez (.313, Triple-A). That gives them considerable future flexibility with Derrek Lee and Mike Lowell becoming free agents at the end of the 2004 season."

*Side note I love this guy ever since the Padres acquired him from the Phillies. He outdueled Wood in that game Herges saved last week. He had something like 12 K's . I glad to see his back. He's the ACE of that Padres team IMO.

" With all the injuries the Padres have endured, there has been precious little good news. But Adam Eaton is edging toward becoming a front-of-the-rotation starter (13 IP, 0 R his last two starts). "He's amazing," GM Kevin Towers said. "He starts out at 89-90 and gains velocity the rest of the way and is 95-96 at the end."

Hotcorner

Muckdog
Reaction score
yep, it will be nice that when the time comes, the team should be able to get good value for Lowell and Lee, and still have great talent ready to step in for them.

CyggyMarlin

Here For The Plan
Reaction score
I would be happy if this team played over .500 this year and got some respectablilty back, and then plug in the kids at the hot corners and let the magic start...Lowell is solid but I have a feeling Cabrera will eventually outplay him and Lee is becoming another PW at the plate

Jrod1

Muckdog
Reaction score
trade away lowell for good pitching but i dont think i would get rid of lee.

DurableTear

Muckdog
Reaction score
trade away lowell for good pitching but i dont think i would get rid of lee.
I would get rid of DLee in a heartbeat.. he so horrible with RISP that it's embrassing.. I hate to see Lowell go but Cabrera seems like the future...

CyggyMarlin

Here For The Plan
Reaction score
A FUTURE OF:
(in no particular order)

CF - Juan Pierre
2B - Luis Castillo / Medrano (this guy was a clone of Luis in AA)
C - Pudge (If he stays) / Ramon Castro
3B - Miguel Cabrera
LF - Jason Stokes
1B - Adrian Gonzales
RF - Juan Encarnacion
SS - Alex Gonzalez
P - Burnett (I hope)/Penny/Beckett/Willis/Redman (or ???)

kick a$$

minus

Muckdog
Reaction score
A FUTURE OF:
(in no particular order)

CF - Juan Pierre
2B - Luis Castillo / Medrano (this guy was a clone of Luis in AA)
C - Pudge (If he stays) / Ramon Castro
3B - Miguel Cabrera
LF - Jason Stokes
1B - Adrian Gonzales
RF - Juan Encarnacion
SS - Alex Gonzalez
P - Burnett (I hope)/Penny/Beckett/Willis/Redman (or ???)

kick a$$
I can't wait to see Willis in there with the top4 starters...

Latest posts

Top Bottom