What's new

Gammons says Marlins should be contracted

marlins4eva

Muckdog
Reaction score
I don't know if this has been posted, but I will post it anyway. I know it's not new news for people to talk about the Marlins being contracted, but someone who knows as little about baseball as Gammons? The guy should stick to his one true love - the BoSox!

Thursday morning on Tony Kornheiser's ESPN Radio show, he said that 4 teams should be contracted when this current collective bargaining agreement expires. He named the Rays, Marlins and White Sox as teams that should be contracted because of low attendance!

I've got news for this guy; the state of Florida will not let the Marlins or Rays get contracted. Why not contract a bad team like the Padres?

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Dasshole
Reaction score
um...

the padres get people to attend the games....

and they are missing their closer and top hitter for the year.

marlins4eva

Muckdog
Reaction score
Who cares about Hoffman being out if there are no games to close out? Their pitching is near the bottom of MLB this year.

I know this wouldn't happen because the Pads are getting a new stadium, but I was just throwing a name of a team out there. They always talk about the same old suspects being contracted: the Expos, Marlins, Rays, Twins etc.

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Dasshole
Reaction score
maybe because the same old suspects continue to have the worst attendance in baseball.

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Dasshole
Reaction score
and oh yeah...

you really cannot contract 4 teams as you would have the same problems you have now.

ideally baseball would be good with 28 or 32 clubs. hell 24 would be nice, but no way in hell is that happening.

with 28 and 32 team leagues, you can have a balance in the national and american leagues, as it stands now you have 16 in the national and 14 in the american which is a bad setup.

snowstorm

Muckdog
Reaction score
I can't believe that Gammons is still running his mouth about contraction. The players union would never allow it, Peter! And what about the fans, who will be the victims once again? Instead of looking to contract teams, maybe they should be trying to find ways to lure more people to the ballpark. Like, cheaper concessions, etc.

AJBurnett34

Muckdog
Reaction score
Gammons hates the Marlins, he is always bragging about us. He said the Rays and the Marlins should Unite as one. That is a good idea. He really didnt say too contract us. He said the Padres and D Rays.....

LiLLaz#8

gammons needs to shut his **EDIT*** up before he get's hurt!!!!! :angry

**Please Click HERE To Read The Rules For Proper Posting.

Thanks

Rune

Muckdog
Reaction score
Gammons hates the Marlins, he is always bragging about us. He said the Rays and the Marlins should Unite as one. That is a good idea. He really didnt say too contract us. He said the Padres and D Rays.....
Aj I think you mean Ragging because if he was bragging he would be rubbing his loyalty and love for this team in everyone's face back to topic...

Some may not like to admit it but The Fish are the front line of possible contracted teams. It will be that way till they get attendance because The D Rays and Twins are only going to be on that list so long.

Of course Gammoms needs to write something so of course he goes for his main targets.

DurableTear

Muckdog
Reaction score
Some may not like to admit it but The Fish are the front line of possible contracted teams. It will be that way till they get attendance because The D Rays and Twins are only going to be on that list so long.

Of course Gammoms needs to write something so of course he goes for his main targets.
If Lowell, Castillo, and Lee are gone... forgot about a "fan base"

I'll say after the trade deadline the Marlins may not get even 1,000 in PPS... possible target for contraction..

The D-Rays are rebuilding (again) but this time it looks like it's working..

Twins won't be on that list...

Brewers should be on that list... and so should the Pirates...

minus

Muckdog
Reaction score
I don't have problem with Loria and co. as of right now but I don't undertsnad why Major league basebal allow them to purchase a clun in the first place.They don't realy have the pockets to own a ball club.Why couldn't Mark Cuban be intrested in buying the Marlins.

Top Bottom