What's new

Gerald Williams is going to AAA

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
credit:rotoworld.com
Marlins sent outfielder Gerald Williams outright to Triple-A Albuquerque.
Not a big step, but this will do more to help Florida's offense than any of Jeff Torborg's lineup changes. Chad Allen figures to be called up to replace Williams as the team's fifth outfielder.

minus

Muckdog
Reaction score
Well maybe this could be a sign ....... :blink:

1truefan

Muckdog
Reaction score
Wouldn't mind at all...let's just hope things some how turn around...

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
we should start a ......

record w/Dontrelle and w/o Gerald thread....

:lol

RossInfoMan

Muckdog
Reaction score
Notes:mad: The Marlins sent OF Gerald Williams outright to Triple-A Albuquerque and said they'll make three moves Friday: placing RHP Josh Beckett on the 15-day disabled list (sprained elbow), purchasing the contract of LHP Dontrelle Willis from Double-A Carolina and recalling RHP Blaine Neal from Albuquerque. ...
Huh? That means Willis replaces Beckett and Neal replaces Williams? That leaves us with 4 outfielders and an extra man in the bullpen. Neal has done well since being sent to AAA: 6.1 innings, 0 runs, 6 hits, 3 K's, 2 walks. Vladimir Nunez, on the other hand, has not: 0-1, 9.82 ERA, 8 earned runs, 2 home runs, 2 hit batsmen, 4 walks in 7.1 innings. ouch!

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
I think Allen will come up....

I wouldnt be surprised if it was for Juan Alvarez

AJBurnett34

Muckdog
Reaction score
Good Thinking by Torborg. He hasnt produce too much and will try and work with the hitting coach down there. I hope Chad Allen does good at least better than Williams...

This is the first smart move i have seen torborg do in along time... :plain

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
Torborg doesnt make those moves......

its the GM man.....

:banghead

RossInfoMan

Muckdog
Reaction score
In the Miami Herald today, it made no mention of Chad Allen. All it said is that Gerald Williams was sent down to make room for Blaine Neal, and the Marlins will carry a 12-man pitching staff. That leaves us with only 4 outfielders. This would make more sense if it was the pitching that was struggling, but its the hitting. Or maybe they figured it was silly to waste a spot with Williams when all he does is pinch-run, when Tejera could do that.
So, as of now, our pitchers are: Penny, Willis, Tejera, Pavano, Phelps, Almanza, Alvarez, Looper, Levrault, Borland, Spooney, and Neal.

Wow, a little thin in the OF. This is going to come back and bite us in the a**.

Malman

Muckdog
Reaction score
Nah, I wouldn't be too concerned. Fox could play the outfield in a pinch.

We need the depth in the pen right now.

Hopefully, this move will lead to Banks getting more AB's. He had another solid at-bat last night. I'd like to see him platoon with Hollandsworth in left.

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
or maybe start a game or 2 at 1st base

:mischief2

Malman

Muckdog
Reaction score
Lee's consecutive game streak is hurting the Marlins. Does Torborg have the balls to sit him? Banks should start a couple of games at first now and then. Torborg would have to make sure Lee entered the game as a pinch hitter or defensive replacement in order to keep the streak intact.

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
Lee's consecutive game streak is hurting the Marlins. Does Torborg have the balls to sit him? Banks should start a couple of games at first now and then. Torborg would have to make sure Lee entered the game as a pinch hitter or defensive replacement in order to keep the streak intact.
I remember a game where Millar started at 1st base last year.....

Lee came in later in the game as a Defensive replacement...

why not just do that?

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Reaction score
first off i am a bit surprised that williams would accept a demotion to triple A

second...

why are they cutting their bench depth more....i mean it really doesnt matter since torborg doesnt really know what a bench is....maybe this will make his job easier ultimately.

Hotcorner

Muckdog
Reaction score
Now he's got to be careful using Andy Fox for pinch hitting, because he's the only other outfield option.

I was hoping to see Chad Allen get a callup personally...

Marlins2003

Muckdog
Reaction score
The problem with the Marlins is not the depth of the bench, its been the lousy job the team, with few exceptions, has done with the bat.
I'd like to see Banks play more, and sitting Lee down for a week might be a good idea. He's a mess at the plate right now.
It's amazing how much the Marlins are missing Gonzo's bat in the lineup. I can't believe I'm saying it but ol' Sea Bass has really done an admirable job so far this year and I look forward to his return, healthy and ready to pick up where he left off.
I'd like to see Chad Allen up here when the pitching situation gets straightened out but right now we need all the arms we can find. Too bad about Nunie, I feel sorry for the guy, he really did a terrific job for us most of last year, but its good to see Neal may have seen the light.
Tonight's going to be fun!

Jack1

OH GREAT!! They send Albuquerque another guy who can't hit and take away the only one who can, Chad Allen. Now the Isotopes are really screwed!!

SportsCenter

Muckdog
Reaction score
the best thing they did was send him down what he hitting .034 ? LOL my grandmom can hit more than that

Top Bottom