What's new

Getting very worried.....

Foggy Doggy

Muckdog
Reaction score
I think we could be in for a very, very, VERY long season.....another rebuilding seems to be looming after this season. When are we going to "put it together" ? How are they going to build any trust to bring fans back when they can't seem to fina winning way ?

I'm really worried about the one-year contracts.....next year who will start for us if we only have Juan Pierre ? Is everyone going to leave as a Free Agent, how do you build a team that way ?

Can someone see and explain what the plan is for this team ? Are Loria & Samson just holding the team until 2006 and contraction and not giving any long-term contracts because of that reason ?

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
7 games in, and the s*** hits the fan?

2-5 isnt pretty but its early

let's wait till May 1st before we start to waive bye bye to any chance od contention

Foggy Doggy

Muckdog
Reaction score

let's wait till May 1st before we start to waive bye bye to any chance od contention
I know but bro, this is really disappointing....I was really trying to believe !! I really, really wanted to believe, but I am just thinking it could be even worse than was thought. The bullpen looks really a mess and I thought Spooneybarger was supposed to be the answer there. Neal seems to be a bomb and Almanza is reverting back to his last years ways.....

I hate to be negative but damn....I am just pissed about today and looking at they way its going so far.....I mean to have this feeling 7 games in.....man that is bad. :(

Dante_evil

Muckdog
Reaction score

Today Pudge fail us in the 8th inning with the bases loaded and he hitted a ground ball for dp. I agree with Ramp is too early but we need to get ito a hot streak and win some games. I think the upcoming games are very winnable and maybe we coulb be back at .500.

minus

Muckdog
Reaction score
Last time I check Baseball season has 162 games not 16.

Rune

Muckdog
Reaction score
Last time I check Baseball season has 162 games not 16.
The Phillies bombed last early last year and look what happened. They got in a big hole and couldn't get out. The beginning can set The Tempo for the whole year.

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
yea but you should look at both sides of the coin

the Angels sucks in April

the Indians started 10-1

The Pirates were 13-6 or something like that

RossInfoMan

Muckdog
Reaction score
The bullpen is what worries me the most. But for some reason, it seems that bullpens tend to struggle as a group and turn it around as a gorup, so they really need to get it turned around. As far as the starting pitching, its been really hit and miss, but starting this week, the rotation will be what it was supposed to be going into the season. The offense was best in the NL in terms of fewest strikeouts coming into this game, so thats good because it keeps you out of hitting slumps. This homestand will tell a lot about this team. Im not ready to give up after 7 games out of 162, the equivalent of three quarters of a football game out of 16.

AJBurnett34

Muckdog
Reaction score
This si just the beginning, we will play better as the season progress. We need our pitching to pitch good because our offense is Ok right now. The pitching is what has hurt us alot. Specially our bullpen. Once we set the pitching we will be a very good solid team....

DurableTear

Muckdog
Reaction score
It hurts to see a 2-5 record.. but it's the beginning of the season.. lets not worry about this for now.. Maybe once we're by June we're in 1st place up by 10 games :D

Anyways if the Marlins go down and screw it up and Loria decides to rebuild.. I'd suggest rebuilding around Juan Encarnacion.. Encarnacion has a lot of potential and he's the pefect guy to rebuild around.. plus keep Pierre..

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
and we are 'only' 2.5 games out....

let's not worry for another week or so .... lol

MarlinMan

Muckdog
Reaction score
yea but you should look at both sides of the coin

the Angels sucks in April

the Indians started 10-1

The Pirates were 13-6 or something like that
You are just being an optimist, we are more than likely in trouble.

DurableTear

Muckdog
Reaction score
You are just being an optimist, we are more than likely in trouble.
At least he's being an optimist.. much better then being negative...

Hotcorner

Muckdog
Reaction score
One thing working against them is that the schedule early on is brutal.

In 29 games of April:
13 are against last year's NL division winners. (Braves, Cardinals, DBacks)
7 more against the Phillies, who many pick to win the division this year.

Only "relief" is 6 vs the Mets and 3 with the Brewers.

And next month starts of with Houston and the Giants. It won't get any easier for a long time unfortunately. If this team is going to compete with the big boys it will have to prove it.

AJBurnett34

Muckdog
Reaction score
The thing i dont get is that we come to face the braves at turner field and they have lost 3 or 4 straight games and then all of a sudden they are awesome against us. We have always played good against the braves. I hope we dont have trouble against them now. We have to stick up as a team and play hard....

Marlins4lyf

Muckdog
Reaction score
anyone remeber the Angles start 0-11 and what they do win the WS so wait it still ver early.

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
they started 0-11?

their first 11 games in 2002 they went 3-8

get your facts straight

MarlinsFans46

Muckdog
Reaction score
Marlins4lyf, I deleted your multiple posts there because all three were the same (just so you know).

yankeefan21

Muckdog
Reaction score
Let's REALLY put things into perspective.

What have the Marlins done thus far?

1-1 against the Phillies. Okay, aren't all the "experts" picking the Phillies to be a contender this year? Splitting a series against a team that's SUPPOSED to be better than you isn't bad.

1-3 against Atlanta. Atlanta was coming off of a short series sweep against the Expos. Let's be honest, here, you SHOULD be 2-2 against Atlanta. Again, a split against a team that's supposed to win your division? That's not bad either.

19 games in a row against division rivals is tough. You still have 13 more games coming up against division opponents. If you can even manage to go .500 against them [and I think you can do better than that] you'll be coming out of this with an 8-11 or 9-10 record with a series against the BREWERS looming.

I make no promises about how you'll do against the Cards... HOWEVER - I think you should be able to take the series from the DBacks. Tough it out through April and May is a little easier for you. June? All but 9 games should be a cake walk. July is when you need to get hot.

Don't give up yet, fair weather fans... :mischief

Top Bottom