Go Spurs Go!

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Dasshole
Reaction score
I am speechless right now.....

What a performance in the fourth.

Tim Duncan was simply dominant..not another word can describe his performance.

And Mr. Robinson...

What can i say???

Thats how a champion goes out.

Its been grand David.

Thanks for the memories.

marlins02

dude, that was pathetic how the Nets collapsed at the end. They totally panicked as soon as San Antonio got something going. Thats why S.A won though, they knew how to handle the pressure and New Jersey clearly didnt, they had that game.

Robinson had a great career and he really deserved this type of ending, one of the truly good people in sports, and the same goes for Duncan. Two classic players. you also got to feel good for Kevin Willis, Danny Ferry, and definitely Tony Parker who just got out of Jason Kidd's shadow. Also Steve Kerr, he's now been an important part of 5 championship teams

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Dasshole
Reaction score
19-0 run....

give the spur defense lots of credit.

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
nice to see 2 old Spartans finally win the Big One

Wild Card

Muckdog
Reaction score
They actually won it in 1999, but that's besides the point...

marlins02

Steve Smith and Kevin Willis werent on that team. they're the former spartans he was talking about

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
Steve Smith and Kevin Willis werent on that team. they're the former spartans he was talking about
indeed

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Dasshole
Reaction score
Kevin Willis....wow.

To see him crying was priceless.

To hear him in the lockerroom talking about this team...magical

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Dasshole
Reaction score
A picture is worth a thousand words....

The first is sweeter than the second though.

David Robinson has now done something only members of the Celtics have done.....

Win a title in his final NBA game.

Rune

Muckdog
Reaction score
Well The ripping has started about how this Final was...

Boring

Unattractive

and

A Snooze Fest to The Fans...

Well you knew it was coming

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Dasshole
Reaction score
you know the nba, abc, espn, tnt, all of them only have themselves to blame.

thats what happens when you focus all of your marketing on one team and then one player.

if they market more teams and allow more teams to recieve the exposure of the lakers and michael jordan...ratings would increase.

cry me a river.

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Dasshole
Reaction score
ps...

the bulls averaged fewer points per game during one of their NBA Finals runs than the Spurs.

I dont want to hear it.

Rune

Muckdog
Reaction score
It's simple why ratings are down because NBC and ABC never pushed The NBA. Weeknight games were always given to ESPN or TNT. Even some of The West and East finals's were given to them. Pathetic.

They need to push The NBA and start to promote A Melo Lebron feud. Push Tim Duncan as a guy Parents can have their kids look up too same with other Marquee names who are not trouble makers. Push The T Wolves to the east and other teams on the border to try to at least give The West some competition and not make it seem a complete blow out.

Push divisional rivalries and hell promote player's negative comments about other teams to build feuds up.

I'll think of some other way's later.

marlins02

Das Texan made a very good point. they need to start marketing more like the NFL, they market teams instead of the stars, and not just the lakers and knicks, but all of them. im not saying put all the teams on national tv at least once, but include them more in ads, make sure that people know about these other teams. i dont hear people looking down at a Ravens-Giants super bowl matchup or Titans-Rams matchup.

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Dasshole
Reaction score
the problem is not necessarily that all the power is in the west...the international 'invasion' is what started it all.

The Spurs, Kings and Mavericks have been leaders in scouting in Europe for many years....

The Spurs and Kings were first for the most part...there is a reason why players like Peja, Hedo, Manu, Parker are on the teams they are on...

The Eastern conference teams were behind the ball in international scouting...now they are definitely paying the consequences.

The East is week due in large to their own dumb mistakes.

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Dasshole
Reaction score
The NBA and TNT in particular were betting on a Kings/Lakers Western Conference Final.

They promoted as such throughout the year...

Instead of focusing on the game as a whole...the NBA has shot themselves in the foot many times by marketing only the extreme superstars who have multimillion dollar endorsement deals with their other partners.

And they wonder why interest is down.

Rune

Muckdog
Reaction score
the problem is not necessarily that all the power is in the west...the international 'invasion' is what started it all.

The Spurs, Kings and Mavericks have been leaders in scouting in Europe for many years....

The Spurs and Kings were first for the most part...there is a reason why players like Peja, Hedo, Manu, Parker are on the teams they are on...

The Eastern conference teams were behind the ball in international scouting...now they are definitely paying the consequences.

The East is week due in large to their own dumb mistakes.
Yes I know that and you can't blame The Teams for wanting to improve but...

The West's dominance is turning ratings away because their is no competition unless you have A Superstar like Michael Jordan their is no draw for a blowout.

But...

The Pistons are going to be great with Darko who is going to produce THIS year.

The Cavs obviously have a future but they have made huge mistakes that could hurt them in the long run...

Of course this is my loyalty but I think The Bulls are going to be good down the road.

The Nets have only so much left.

The West will keep their dominance for a ways to come but... At least their will be competition or so I think.

Top Bottom