What's new

Go to the Game Friday Night!

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
Welcome Back Mark Redman, and get a Ryan Dempster bobble head doll but you may also walk away with $10,000.00!!!!!

Each inning, a lucky fan will be selected. If the Marlins perform the task assigned to the designated inning, that fan will go home with $10,000! To award a winner, the Marlins must perform one of the following tasks:

1st Inning ? Strike Out The Side
2nd Inning ? Grand Slam Home Run
3rd Inning ? Home Run On A Designated Pitch
4th Inning ? Triple Play
5th Inning ? Foul Pole Home Run (Both Poles)
6th Inning ? Inside the Park Home Run
7th Inning ? Team Hit For The Cycle
8th Inning ? Back to Back Home Runs
9th Inning ? Bat Around

1st, 7th, 8th seem most likely....if any ;)

Rune

Muckdog
Reaction score
I don't know an Inside the park does not seem as bad as some of the others, plus I don't think Redman can strike out the side

Wild Card

Muckdog
Reaction score
I don't know an Inside the park does not seem as bad as some of the others, plus I don't think Redman can strike out the side
He was in the top five in K's before the thumb injury... :eek: :D

Rune

Muckdog
Reaction score
He was in the top five in K's before the thumb injury... :eek: :D DOH!

I still don't think it's possible, I like The Inside the park homerun, if Pierre or Luis can slap it who knows.

Also what if all nine people win?

Do they get 90,000? I know it won't happen but if a vast majority of these winners did occur they would make little profit on a giveaway made to make more profit.

Just to be safe I hope they put an end to it as soon and if someone wins.

MasterChief

Muckdog
Reaction score
DOH!

I still don't think it's possible, I like The Inside the park homerun, if Pierre or Luis can slap it who knows.

Also what if all nine people win?

Do they get 90,000? I know it won't happen but if a vast majority of these winners did occur they would make little profit on a giveaway made to make more profit.

Just to be safe I hope they put an end to it as soon and if someone wins.
your right as soon as someone wins, the competition ends.

marlin2266

Muckdog
Reaction score
I'm sure the Marlins bought "insurance" on this.

For example, they pay some company $500, and the company pays the $10,000 (if the event occurs).

If no winner - the ins co keeps the 500.

If winner - the ins co loses 9,500.

Amost all big prizes work this way (hole-in-ones, fan kicks a FG, half court shots, etc...). Pricing is done by actuaries who know the odds..........

Top Bottom