What's new

Gonzalez

marlins02

I just wanted make sure that everybody here is voting for alex gonzalez for the all-star game. the man really deserves it, he's hitting .340, 10 HR, 40 RBI's and he's only struck out 29 times in 200 at-bats, and he's also having an incredible season with the glove, only 3 errors and its been a while since his last one. other marlins tht also deserve it are Mike Lowell, and Luis Castillo. But alex is the one who's had an incredible turnaround and i really wanted to point him out for that. i believe you can vote up to 25 times online, im not sure though.

marlins02

i know its about popularity, im just saying that everyone should give as many votes as possible. at least show him that he's appreciated by his own fans. i think he'll get in, not as a starter because of the popularity aspect, but i think Dusty Baker would take him as a reserve, he's had a great year. another guy that should start but wont because of who he is is Carlos Delgado, 1st baseman of the Blue Jays. Have you seen this guys numbers? there incredible, his average is over .320, has around 18-20 HR's and 66 RBI's. but obviously Giambi will get the votes in the AL

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Dasshole
Reaction score
gonzalez is playing very well this year...no doubt.

Hotcorner

Muckdog
Reaction score
If Giambi beats out Delgado then you can officially consider the voting process a joke. Oh wait, it already is....

As for Alex, check this out. He's 4th in the NL in slugging percentage. The only 3 guys ahead of him?

A few guys named Pujols, Sheffield, and Bonds.

Decent company, eh?

LiLLaz#8

I think gonzalez has been one of the biggest surprises this year 4-sho nobody expected him 2 be so good.luckily we did'nt trade him. :)

marlins02

it wouldnt surprise me if giambi beat out delgado, i mean how often have you heard his name this year. the only reason we know how he's doing is because we follow the game closely. alot of people that vote dont know or dont care, they just vote for the names they know, or players on popular teams regardless of their stats. the yankees and giambi, its all popularity, lord knows Giambi hasnt had an all-star year

hell yeah! Gonzalez being up their with those names is real impressive and definitely all-star worthy

marlins02

an example is pudge, he aint having anything near na all-star year, but because he is who he is, he's the leading vote getter as a catcher in the NL

AJBurnett34

Muckdog
Reaction score
Im sure voting for Alex Gonzalez he really suprised us here on the Boards! He is doing a hell of a job and i think he shouldnt be batting that low in the lineup no more. If Edgar Renteria gets more votes then Alex has to be a reserve....

Top Bottom