What's new

Good (local) sports talk in FL

llahsram

Muckdog
Reaction score
Hey, since I live in south Louisiana the main sports talk subjects include LSU, the Saints, and the Houston Astros. I'm looking for good am streaming that is at least halfway decent in covering the Marlins that will help get me through the daily grind at work. Right now I've been listening to 790 the ticket out of Miami. Please let me know if there are any others! Thanks!

Mabdul Doobakus

Muckdog
Reaction score
Covering the Marlins? Pretty much just Boog on 790 from 10-12...during the day anyway.

The other major sports station is 560, but they don't get into the Marlins a whole lot (even if it is the Marlins flagship station), and from 10 AM to 2 PM they don't even have sports talk.

furcalchick

Muckdog
Reaction score
try espn 760 from palm beach from 4-7 with evan cohen. he usually talks marlins, mets, yankees, and red sox.

sports talk in this area is pretty much football and what's hot...sigh.

SoFlaFish

Muckdog
Reaction score
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!

"Good (local) sports talk" and "South Florida" do not go together at all. Unless you want to hear 143,478 calls about who is going to be the second string left tackle for the Miami Dolphins, or why haven't the Dolphins signed so and so, or why don't the Dolphins sign every other QB available in the league, there is no such thing as "sports talk" down here. That's why I gave up on listening to local sports radio and enjoy being entertained by ESPN radio (on my Sirius). I get my Marlins information on the web, so while I'm in the car I'd rather just listen to "Mike & Mike In The Morning," "The Herd with Colin Cowherd" (who is slowly becoming one of my favorite guys on the radio), and "The Dan Patrick Show" (when Keith Olbermann is on, that show is gold!).

I'd rather get a well-rounded sports talk than endless hours of mindless Dolphins regurgitation and completely idiotic callers that have no clue about anything!!!

MarlinFan10

Muckdog
Reaction score
Sports talk in South Florida is all Dolphins all year. When I was down for spring break, I heard them talking about the Panthers on 560, and it blew my mind.

TarHeel324

Muckdog
Reaction score

"Good (local) sports talk" and "South Florida" do not go together at all. Unless you want to hear 143,478 calls about who is going to be the second string left tackle for the Miami Dolphins, or why haven't the Dolphins signed so and so, or why don't the Dolphins sign every other QB available in the league, there is no such thing as "sports talk" down here. That's why I gave up on listening to local sports radio and enjoy being entertained by ESPN radio (on my Sirius). I get my Marlins information on the web, so while I'm in the car I'd rather just listen to "Mike & Mike In The Morning," "The Herd with Colin Cowherd" (who is slowly becoming one of my favorite guys on the radio), and "The Dan Patrick Show" (when Keith Olbermann is on, that show is gold!).

I'd rather get a well-rounded sports talk than endless hours of mindless Dolphins regurgitation and completely idiotic callers that have no clue about anything!!!
Bingo. Sports talk in South Florida is pure garbage. On top of the excessive Dolphins talk, the radio hosts suck. Id rather listen to Colin Cowherd (a fave of mine too, I listen to him everyday on the computer) and The Big Show than listen to Joe Rose (the man says two things: "this is great stuff" and "he is fun to watch") ever again

CapeFish

Muckdog
Reaction score
Sports radio is only good for one thing.........airing the actual games.

Sports talk radio is just too inconsistent, even on the same station with the same host over days if not hours.

McFly

Muckdog
Reaction score

I'll give you Dan Patrick, but Mike & Mike? :thumbdown

Such crap.

TheDon

Muckdog
Reaction score
As others have stated, Boog does some real nice Marlins/baseball talk. Beyond that, get XM radio.

Juanky

Dan Patrick and Keith Olbermann are gold together. I get them on podcasts and love it.

SoFlaFish

Muckdog
Reaction score

Such crap.

Oh c'mon, "Mike & Mike In The Morning" seriously crack me up, maybe it's because I totally relate to Greenie (well groomed, in my mid-30s, college educated with two kids and a wife who thinks I'm an idiot!). You can't deny that Greenie and Golic have great chemistry together (jock vs. geek) and that's what cracks me up about the show. I don't go to the two of them for sports talk, just for the entertainment. However, you can't go wrong when they have Buster Olney, Jason Stark, and Peter Gammons on for pure baseball talk, and during football season when they have Mike Ditka and John Clayton on.

McFly

Muckdog
Reaction score

Such crap.

However, you can't go wrong when they have Buster Olney, Jason Stark, and Peter Gammons on for pure baseball talk, and during football season when they have Mike Ditka and John Clayton on.

Sciambi is good for baseball. I don't have to go national for that. Anyway, they might have chemistry, but I don't like them. I find them both more annoying than entertaining. That's just me though.

CapeFish

Muckdog
Reaction score
Boog is juggling both the 790 show and the play-by-play for the Braves on FSN South/SportSouth.

Man is busy.

FishFanInPA

Colin Cowherd pwns all....he is ridiculously funny and knowledgable and no one else on the radio can combine both of those things.

TarHeel324

Muckdog
Reaction score
Colin Cowherd pwns all....he is ridiculously funny and knowledgable and no one else on the radio can combine both of those things.
Huge fan...thebiglead.com still hasnt recovered from his show today

CapeFish

Muckdog
Reaction score
I like Cowherd on ESPN Radio. Unfortunately I am not usually able to listen to his show when it airs live.

Dan Patrick on ESPN Radio is ok....I really don't care for Olbermann too much.

I do like to catch Mike & Mike in the Morning on both ESPN2 and ESPN Radio.

Fox Sports Radio isn't bad either, the flagship of the Seminoles airs their shows. They have better sports updates sometimes with radio highlights of home runs and such. Jorge Sedano of WIOD-Miami Heat Radio Network does their overnight show.

FishFanInPA

what did he say??? Obviously, i can't listen since i'm producing at that time.

TarHeel324

Muckdog
Reaction score

what did he say??? Obviously, i can't listen since i'm producing at that time.
He urged people watching the new webcam today to go to thebiglead.com and flood the server...the site went down within 30 seconds and hasnt returned yet

Top Bottom