What's new

Gordon agrees to one-year deal with White Sox

DurableTear

Muckdog
Reaction score
ESPN Story

Tom Gordon agreed Monday to a $1.4 million, one-year contract with the Chicago White Sox following a 2002 season that was cut short by a muscle tear in his right shoulder.

Gordon, 35, was traded from the Chicago Cubs to Houston last year and had a 0.92 ERA in 19 2-3 innings for the Astros. After missing much of the first half because of the injury, he finished a combined 1-3 with a 3.38 ERA with no saves in 34 appearances.

The White Sox were in need of bullpen depth after trading reliever Antonio Osuna to New York Yankees last week in a three-team deal that brought starter Bartolo Colon to Chicago.

AJBurnett34

Muckdog
Reaction score
He should do very good wit the whitesox specially he has to notice he is taking over Antonio osuna's place.

He should do very good with the whitesox they needed more deph.There pitching has really improved......

Rune

Muckdog
Reaction score
Ehh Gordon's a solid guy but I wouldn't call this deal a good pickup.

I have a feeling he will bomb this year with a mid 4 era, he'll be on the block by June.

Pudge-7

Muckdog
Reaction score
I think the white sox made a two good moves on trading Osuna for Colon, and replacing him with Gordon.

I think he will do good have at least 30 saves and an ERA between 3-4

Latest posts

Top Bottom