What's new

Graham Taylor

Bucklin12

Muckdog
Reaction score
This is from the Young Pitching Prospect Thread, I just thought Graham deserved more of a spotlight for his brilliant first two months.

Graham Taylor, A; 5-1, 61 IP, 2.21 ERA, 50 K's, 4 BB, .196 BAA
most recent outing: W, 7 IP, 0 ER, 3 H, 2 BB, 4 K's -- May 20th

I don't know if you can call him a surprise, but Taylor has been aboslutely phenomenal this season. First off his 50/4 K to BB ratio, is flat out ridiculous. He has been very durable, as he has gone through 7 IP twice, 8 IP twice, and a CG once. Hitters are extremely confounded as only given up 43 hits in 61 innings. I know it's in Greensboro, but he should see some kind of call up sooner, rather than later.

Oh yeah, if you take away his one bad outing, his ERA through 8 starts is 1.48.... yeah. 1.48.

Hollyberry

Muckdog
Reaction score
Amazing Graham.

Since I know nothing about him...what kind of pitches does he throw? Could he be compared to someone in the majors (Pitching style)?

FlummoxedLummox

This is from the Young Pitching Prospect Thread, I just thought Graham deserved more of a spotlight for his brilliant first two months.

Graham Taylor, A; 5-1, 61 IP, 2.21 ERA, 50 K's, 4 BB, .196 BAA
most recent outing: W, 7 IP, 0 ER, 3 H, 2 BB, 4 K's -- May 20th

I don't know if you can call him a surprise, but Taylor has been aboslutely phenomenal this season. First off his 50/4 K to BB ratio, is flat out ridiculous. He has been very durable, as he has gone through 7 IP twice, 8 IP twice, and a CG once. Hitters are extremely confounded as only given up 43 hits in 61 innings. I know it's in Greensboro, but he should see some kind of call up sooner, rather than later.

Oh yeah, if you take away his one bad outing, his ERA through 8 starts is 1.48.... yeah. 1.48.

:eek:

Bucklin12

Muckdog
Reaction score
Amazing Graham.

Since I know nothing about him...what kind of pitches does he throw? Could he be compared to someone in the majors (Pitching style)?

I've never got to see the kid pitch, but from what I have read about his career at Miami (OH), he is a strong finesse pitcher. When he chooses he can throw with some kind of power for strikes (considering he's 6'3", 225) but is most effective using his impeccable control. Apparently he has a very plus curve that moves sharply away from lefties.

That's all I know, as far as a comparison goes... maybe someone like Ted Lilly, only bigger. Anyone with great control, who is smart, with a couple of decent pitches, who will get rocked every once in a while, if he can't get his stuff to move.

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
he's a finesse guy

I fully expect him to get shelled in the upper levels

Top Bottom