What's new

Greatest Song of All-Time Round Two

Status
Not open for further replies.

VOTE FOR YOUR FAVORITE

The song with the least votes will be eliminated.

marlins02

Many men wish death upon me, blood in my eye dog and i cant see, im trying to be what im destined to be, and n***** trying to take my life away.

their not pretty but you got to feel these lyrics

Rune

Muckdog
Reaction score
Meh, Down with The Sickness is too generic

Many Men or whatever it is called is rap so I can't vote for it.

The only solution

Disarm :mischief

Rune

Muckdog
Reaction score
:plain If 50 cent wins this entire thing, Music is in REALLY bad shape :(

Ravenlord

Muckdog
Reaction score
agreed.

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Dasshole
Reaction score
The thing is that the greatest songs probably were not even nominated and those that were did not make it to this round even.

Most of the greatest songs are from years ago. There are a number of good songs around still today....in many cases they pale in comparasion to yesterday's songs.

Bradcore

Captain Awesome
Reaction score
What!? Disturbed is on this list and Stairway to Heaven by Led Zeppelin is not? What kind sick demented poll is this.

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Dasshole
Reaction score
There are many songs that I forgot when trying to figure out what songs should at least be nominated for the greatest song of all time poll...

Due to forgetting mainly, I omitted the entire rock n roll genre as well as all classical pieces.

To have no Mozart, Beethoven, Beatles, Elvis and other legendary performers and/or composers is a travesty. I blame myself partly.

But I also feel like people should open their eyes to other genre's, because there is a lot of great stuff out there....I did it, its amazing what has happened.

g8trz2003

Muckdog
Reaction score
Probably just because I am a big country fan, but nonetheless, Friends In Low Places is the best song up there! Cmon...it is the most famous country song ever most likely....people who dont listen to country know that song....people would be like "I dont listen to country...except for Garth Brooks".....and along with "The Dance" this is the most famous song by him.

The Chair is a great song...but not even my favorite Strait song....Carrying Your Love With Me or Overnight Male.....or Cowboy Rides Away......or Lovebug, Check Yes or No, Heartland, The Fireman...dangit, George puts out way too many good songs....I got the newest cd Honkytonkville...its good...real good.

Joe

Muckdog
Reaction score
Why is Many Men tied for the lead....

1truefan

Muckdog
Reaction score
From that specific list, I'd have to say Thriller since it broke through in 1983 I believe.....The video itself was wow.....and it's a song you still hear today.

g8trz2003

Muckdog
Reaction score
I dont know. It's not even 50's most well known song!

lyrically speaking in the world of Rap, I would have to put an Outkast song in there...they have much more substance than 50's killing, drugs, stealing, Ice, bling bling, crap.

And there shouldn't be any rap songs on that top list anyway!

Maxx

Chief Operating Officer
Reaction score
From that specific list, I'd have to say Thriller since it broke through in 1983 I believe.....The video itself was wow.....and it's a song you still hear today.
That's what I voted for.

marlins02

I dont know. It's not even 50's most well known song!

lyrically speaking in the world of Rap, I would have to put an Outkast song in there...they have much more substance than 50's killing, drugs, stealing, Ice, bling bling, crap.

And there shouldn't be any rap songs on that top list anyway! there shouldnt be any rap songs in the top 10? "Rappers Delight" by the Sugar Hill gang, "The Message" the Furious Five, "Rock Box" "King of Rock", "Hard Times", "Its like that" "My Addidas" by Run-Dmc including "walk this way" with Aerosmith. "Straight outta Compton" NWA, "Smile" Scarface and Tupac, countless Tupac songs including "Keep ya Head up", "Hail Mary" "Brenda's got a Baby". and there are others by other artists including OutKAst and there not all about killing stealing, ice or whatever. pick one.

g8trz2003

Muckdog
Reaction score
Tupac blows. Rapper's Delight? Top 10 of alltime songs? Doubt it. Same with Rox Box, King of Rock, etc. None of those songs should be top 10...maybe....MAYBE top 10 RAP songs of all time.

AJBurnett34

Muckdog
Reaction score
Yea your right if "Disarm" Wins music will be in bad shape...you are right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom