What's new

Green about to get traded to the Dolphins

JetsMania

Muckdog
Reaction score
Sun-sentinel says the trade is about to happen for a second day pick (5th rounder?). Then the dolphins will release culpepper.

I dont like culpepper at all, but if the dolphins go into camp with Green and Clemon, they are in big trouble. They should trade up and go after quinn.

Passion

Muckdog
Reaction score
The Phins have a knack for acquiring QBs that are damaged goods.

If they get Quinn it is a solid/needed move but if they don't....yikes.

JetsMania

Muckdog
Reaction score
The Phins have a knack for acquiring QBs that are damaged goods.

If they get Quinn it is a solid/needed move but if they don't....yikes.

Agreed. If they get quinn then green can play for part of the year, then let quinn play (if they get eliminated early). However if they dont get quinn they are in line for a bad season. The dolphins dont have the best line in the NFL and Green doesnt move alot.

Iowa

Muckdog
Reaction score
He's still a much better QB than Culpepper

JetsMania

Muckdog
Reaction score

If he didnt get that serious concussion and not play very well after it, I would agree with you. If he was that good he wouldnt be getting replaced by Brady Croyle/Damon Huard.

Its really funny to see dolphin fans go 180 on culpepper.

TSwift25

Muckdog
Reaction score
I still stand by my belief that C-Pep gives our offense the best shot to win this season.

I don't get this move, to me, it's really a situation of "the devil we know."

Iowa

Muckdog
Reaction score
If he was that good he wouldnt be getting replaced by Brady Croyle/Damon Huard.

I didnt say he was that good.. I just said he was better than Culpepper. In fact, I think Green is pretty bad.

Mabdul Doobakus

Muckdog
Reaction score
The Dolphins have a lot of improving to do, so if cutting Culpepper to get an equally bad quarterback at a hopefully cheaper price is the route they want to go, I say go for it.

I'm not sure about trading up for Quinn. We can't afford to give up draft picks. I'd rather use a 2nd or 3rd rounder to select a QB.

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Reaction score

If he didnt get that serious concussion and not play very well after it, I would agree with you. If he was that good he wouldnt be getting replaced by Brady Croyle/Damon Huard.

that and the chiefs were VERY impressed with what Huard did while he was the starter.

Ralph

Muckdog
Reaction score
If it's a second day pick it's either a 6th or a 7th. The Dolphins dont have a 5th. And I agree the only way this move works out is if Greene gets paid the Vets minimum and they trade up to draft Quinn.

JetsMania

Muckdog
Reaction score

that and the chiefs were VERY impressed with what Huard did while he was the starter.

He played very well, however he is a career back up. I think herman edwards already decided that croyle will start.

If it's a second day pick it's either a 6th or a 7th. The Dolphins dont have a 5th. And I agree the only way this move works out is if Greene gets paid the Vets minimum and they trade up to draft Quinn.

The vet min? I dont think a starting nfl QB gets that little. Culpepper is supposed to get 5.5 million, so Green would get somewhere between 3-5 million IMO.

McFly

Muckdog
Reaction score
Um nooo. I don't want an old, immobile shell of Trent Green over Daunte Culpepper. Are you kidding? This less than dynamic duo of Cameron and Mueller haven't made one impressive move all offseason. This would probably top it off - until they trade JT, Zach Thomas, and draft a CB with their draft pick. Egh.

Mabdul Doobakus

Muckdog
Reaction score
Um nooo. I don't want an old, immobile shell of Trent Green over Daunte Culpepper. Are you kidding? This less than dynamic duo of Cameron and Mueller haven't made one impressive move all offseason. This would probably top it off - until they trade JT, Zach Thomas, and draft a CB with their draft pick. Egh.

I've never seen any QB less mobile than Daunte was last year, and he's still not healthy enough to participate in minicamps. Why would you want to pay this guy $5.5 million? I know Trent Green isn't so exciting, but he can give you at least as much as Daunte (which honestly may be nothing at all, in Daunte's case) and he can do it for less money.

The Fan

Muckdog
Reaction score
I like it because I don't expect to compete (I expect us to be competitive, but not in the title hunt) this year, since we are somewhat rebuilding.

However, if we get Green, who knows Cam's style, and cut Culpepper, this basically assures that we have to try and draft our future QB this year or next. That's the part I like.

Also, I haven't seen anyone mention this, but Jason Allen has been moved exclusively to corner, so we could use another safety.

Fishfan79

Muckdog
Reaction score
I would take Green over Culpepper before last year he had not missed a game since 2001. He knows the system and is a good QB to teach a younger guy like Trent Edwards or Drew Stanton whom we most likely could find in the 2nd round.

I dont have a problem with this at all for a 6th or 7th round pick.

I would like to trade culpepper personally to Oakland if we do get green. They might give up something for him at least.

McFly

Muckdog
Reaction score

I've never seen any QB less mobile than Daunte was last year, and he's still not healthy enough to participate in minicamps. Why would you want to pay this guy $5.5 million? I know Trent Green isn't so exciting, but he can give you at least as much as Daunte (which honestly may be nothing at all, in Daunte's case) and he can do it for less money.

It's one thing when you're coming off major knee surgery and another when you're just old. If you want to bring Green in as a back-up while Daunte gets back to 100% then great, but to cut Culpepper after 4 games in a Dolphin uniform without him being healthy? They're making a move without knowing what they'll get out of him. Plus who cares if they have to pay him 5.5 million? They just gave more money to a player they didn't even need (Porter)

Fishfan79

Muckdog
Reaction score

It's one thing when you're coming off major knee surgery and another when you're just old. If you want to bring Green in as a back-up while Daunte gets back to 100% then great, but to cut Culpepper after 4 games in a Dolphin uniform without him being healthy? They're making a move without knowing what they'll get out of him. Plus who cares if they have to pay him 5.5 million? They just gave more money to a player they didn't even need (Porter)

cameron doesnt like him

it is that simple, he doesnt like him for his system. He was pretty much a goner soon anyways. I would rather trade him even for a 6th or 7th or do a 3 team trade where green comes to us and culpepper to anotehr team and a pick to KC even.

But Neither QB is a long term answer either the 36 year old Green or 30 year old Culpepper

Top Bottom