What's new

Griese Released!

Wild Card

Muckdog
Reaction score
Griese was release late this afternoon and is expected to sign with the Dolphins tommorrow morning, so he can attend the Dolphins 3-day quarterbacks camp.

BTW: I chose unsure, becuase Wanny seems set on Jay, but Brian could very possibly change that during camp...

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Reaction score
Griese wont have that huge of an impact on the Dolphins....he has been mediocore at best especially in touchdown/interception lately....

of course i would love to see him in a cowboy uniform.

Wild Card

Muckdog
Reaction score
Griese wont have that huge of an impact on the Dolphins....
If Fiedler gets injured at mid-season, he will do much better than Lucas did... :mischief2

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Reaction score
True..

And Griese is probably better than Fielder...but marginally I would say....but with a bigger upside i suppose

Maxx

Chief Operating Officer
Reaction score
I would like Griese to get a fair chance during the Pre-Season and Camps. Don't just put Jay as the starter because we feel like it, he should earn the spot. I think Griese has a pretty good chance of taking that spot away.

minus

Muckdog
Reaction score
Griese wont have that huge of an impact on the Dolphins....he has been mediocore at best especially in touchdown/interception lately....

of course i would love to see him in a cowboy uniform.
I agree ...Only reason some of the Dolphins fans are excited just for the sake of not having Fiedler starting.Griese numbers are identical to Fiedler and Griese had a better supporting cast around him.

Wild Card

Muckdog
Reaction score
Griese numbers are identical to Fiedler and Griese had a better supporting cast around him.
This season...

Look at 2000. Look what he did when he was healthy.

minus

Muckdog
Reaction score
Griese numbers are identical to Fiedler and Griese had a better supporting cast around him.
This season...

Look at 2000. Look what he did when he was healthy. I was comparing their career stats and that the only good season Griese posted with alot talent around him.So what if he had a 10 game probowl season and watch for Jay to make probowl this year.

Wild Card

Muckdog
Reaction score
I was comparing their career stats and that the only good season Griese posted with alot talent around him.So what if he had a 10 game probowl season and watch for Jay to make probowl this year.
Griese is more talented. Period. :shifty :whistle

RossInfoMan

Muckdog
Reaction score
Jay Fiedler is 29-12 as a starter, the second best record of active QBs. Griese is around .500 while having the better offensive team around him plus he throws way too many interceptions and carries a lot of baggage. Ill take a winner anyday over so-called "talent".

Wild Card

Muckdog
Reaction score
Jay Fiedler is 29-12 as a starter, the second best record of active QBs. Griese is around .500 while having the better offensive team around him plus he throws way too many interceptions and carries a lot of baggage. Ill take a winner anyday over so-called "talent".
Very, very valid point. And the only reason I would start Fiedler over Griese.

Jay Fiedler + Ken Dorsey = Winners (dispite talented)

Phlub

Muckdog
Reaction score
I'd laugh so hard if Griese signs with someone other then Miami!

Originally posted by Minus...
watch for Jay to make probowl this year.

I want what ^HE^ is smoking!

Wild Card

Muckdog
Reaction score

I want what ^HE^ is smoking! So would I... :D :lol :p

minus

Muckdog
Reaction score

I want what ^HE^ is smoking! Ok Jay Fiedler stats from end 2001-2002 is some thing 19 Td's and 9 int's (Not including rushing Td's).Jay Fiedler was looking very comfortable at beginning of last season before injury and looking like he was going to have break out year.There nothing wrong with that prediction and it if keeps it up,no reason why it wouldn't happen.

Phlub

Muckdog
Reaction score
Tom Brady, Rich Gannon and Drew Bledsoe is one reason he wont be going to the Pro Bowl.

The next is he just SUCKS! He got cut by the VIKINGS! The VIKINGS, Spergon Wynn (now in the CFL) made the team over him! Thats enough right there!

Not to mention Fiedler couldn't throw the long ball if his mothers life depended on it.

And well fact is, he isn't that good. That is simple Dolphins pride their Minus. Fiedler couldn't make 3rd string for the Panthers QB Squad! Its just a fact of life that he isn't that good. Hes really average. Very vanilla QB. Handoff first, run 2nd, pass only in emergency. Thats his philosophy.

RossInfoMan

Muckdog
Reaction score
Fiedler was released by the Vikings in 1998, so what? That was before he even got a chance to play. Wynn was on the Vikings in 2001. At least get your facts straight. the falcons didnt want brett favre, the bucs didnt want steve young, so what? when you overexaggerate they way you do, it really discredits your argument. He would be the starter for the Panthers and many other teams in this league in a second. Im hoping you werent being serious there, but get real. I dont think hell make the Pro Bowl, but he is a quality QB and he is a winner. And if he only passes in emergencies, then why did he have 3200 yards passing his last complete season. favre had 3600, not much of a difference. Fact is Fiedler has the second best record of any starter in the league. Ill take that over a guy who just throws a deep ball.

Wild Card

Muckdog
Reaction score
the falcons didnt want brett favre, the bucs didnt want steve young, so what?
Let me add, the stupid PACKERS didn't want Kurt Warner or Mark Brunnell either. The Packers released both of them. So what? Fiedler was an undrafted QB, so was Kurt Warner. You can find talent anywhere, give them the right system, and you have a good player.

Tom Brady, Rich Gannon and Drew Bledsoe is one reason he wont be going to the Pro Bowl.

Do you think that Donald Driver should have made the Pro Bowl? His stats weren't that great... But when a player has an unexpected break-out year (Driver, McMichael...ect.) than they get noticed and recognized for what they did.

Phlub

Muckdog
Reaction score
First off any idiot who takes Warner or Brunell over Favre should be SHOT. If it weren't for Favres teachings, Warner and Brunell may still be sh*t QBs.

Of course I was exaggerating before, but still he ain't that good.

Driver was a Pro Bowl alternate who took Moss' place. But still is technically a Pro Bowl WR. (which isn't really fair)

But what has me going is your saying the Packers were dumb for taking Favre over Warner and Brunell? Who wouldn't take Favre over anyone in the league right now? Honestly Favre is better then Warner and Brunell times 2. 3 MVP's speaks for itself.

And sorry I thought Wynn was with Minnesota in 98. Evidently it was someone else.

But still the Falcons got rid of Favre after 1 year, the Bucs did the same with Young, Young was released early in his career. Fiedler is getting older, and he was cut by the Vikings midway through his Career Age----(20-35), correct me if I'm wrong.

But Wild Card your the idiot here saying that the Packers were idiots for keeping Favre over Warner and Brunell.

Wild Card

Muckdog
Reaction score
But Wild Card your the idiot here saying that the Packers were idiots for keeping Favre over Warner and Brunell.
I never at all said that. I simply said that they released those two quarterbacks, who became super stars. They certainly are not better than Farve, and I never said that they were.

Although, someone could make a case for Warner over Farve.

Warner: 2 MVP's in 1/2 the career playing time of Farve.

Top Bottom