What's new

Hair cut story...

• Thread starter FlummoxedLummox
  • Start date

FlummoxedLummox

It's a story that begins and ends with boobs.

I went to get my haircut today and was fortunate enough (or so I thought) to have an attractive young woman (this is the first clue that the theme of the story is 'boobs') cut my hair. We spoke of this and that and in the end I was very happy with the job she did. Afterwards she took me to the back, where -- as is the custom at the hair cuttery -- she proceeded to wash my hair. The shampoo was nice and soothing and made my head tingle, so I asked her what it was. She told me that the conditioner was infused with natural oils, tea tree oil to be exact, and that's what I was feeling. She asked if I wanted to buy some. She was hot, so I did.

Well I ended up spending over 20 bucks on shampoo and conditioner, and was a touch self-conscious after having done so in front of all the people waiting. I mean what person buys 20 dollar shampoo? And buys it at the barber shop no less? Where, undoubtedly, they mark up the price so much that one purchase covers the investment on their entire stock of product. So, being duly embarrassed, I walked quickly out of the waiting room and made a bee-line for my car without looking at anyone.

I get into my car, where NPR comes on the radio, and not 2 minutes later I hear a report on the news. Tea tree oil -- yes the very same tea tree oil in my newly purchased 20-dollar shampoo/conditioner -- causes abnormal breast growth in males.

(cue the curb your enthusiasm music)

That's it. That's the punch-line. Here's an article from the National Institute of Health. How the hell does this sh*t happen to me?

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/news/fullstory_44640.html

Beetle

Muckdog
Reaction score
Give the shampoo to your wife/girlfriend -- great Valentine's Day gift. ;)

Seriously though, I heard it only affects young boys. You should be fine.

Reaction score
rofl... I used that tea tree shampoo once... and only once... got that crap in my eyes and said never again... looks like it was a good move :p

FlummoxedLummox

Give the shampoo to your wife/girlfriend -- great Valentine's Day gift. ;)

Seriously though, I heard it only affects young boys. You should be fine.
Yeah I read that. As a matter of principle I would have used it anyway.

The way the entire situation unfolded, it felt like it was straight out of a TV show. You couldn't plan better timing than that.

Das Texan

Loria can kiss my ass
VIP
Reaction score
A real barber shop doesnt have that kinda crap in it.

FlummoxedLummox

A real barber shop doesnt have that kinda crap in it.
Neither are there women barbers at traditional barber shops, and nor were there any leeches there for blood-letting, but I never claimed that this was such a place.

yenta

Muckdog
Reaction score
I have some extra bras, in case you might need them.....

The_Godfather

Muckdog
Reaction score
The important question is: Did she rub her breasteses on you during the haircut?

Strike 3

Muckdog
Reaction score
Guys have it so easy! You have no idea how much money women spend on hair products and visits to the salon. Not to mention creams, make-up and accessories that men don't need. You're right about the timing though, it really sounds like a Seinfeld episode and most likely would have happened to George! :D

METSrosexual

Muckdog
Reaction score
Hilarious.

I'm imagining it with the Curb music and its too funny.

The Marlin Man

Muckdog
Reaction score
Guys have it so easy! You have no idea how much money women spend on hair products and visits to the salon. Not to mention creams, make-up and accessories that men don't need. You're right about the timing though, it really sounds like a Seinfeld episode and most likely would have happened to George! :D

Yeah

But we pay for all the drinks...and food....and trips....and well, everything else

very funny story, btw

Top Bottom