What's new

Hanley

TSwift25

Muckdog
Reaction score
Guy's still clearly favoring his hammy. I know this series is a huge one (by early season standards) but it makes me cringe to see him have to burn it when he's probably not even 80% yet and has a serious risk for reinjury.

If you're Freddi, do you alternate him and Amezaga for the next week or just sit Hanley all together?

I realize he's unquestionably our most "important" player offensively but I'm worried that we're being too quick with him.

LetsGoFish

Muckdog
Reaction score
Freddy said he's 90% ready and that he feels fine. He run fine today, probably didn't run all that hard at first to not risk re injuring but later in the game he run full speed and slowed down carefully after first base.

I'm sure the team and the trainer are being careful and if they give him the green light there's little risk.

Eddie Altamonte

Muckdog
Reaction score
It's hard to see Shadez playing in pain. If he is gimpy today I would prefer to put him on the 15 day DL and bring up Andino for a bit

MarlinFan10

Muckdog
Reaction score
What I don't understand is why Hanley played all 9 innings in a blowout. :blink:

Marlin Nation

Muckdog
Reaction score
I'd be alot more comfortable with him on the bench instead of him gingerly running around the bases.

CYmarlins

The Andy Man Can
Reaction score
What I don't understand is why Hanley played all 9 innings in a blowout. :blink:

thats very true, he should have stopped right after the 6th inning or so.

my guess is that Hanley plays today but they sit him down tomorrow to get him ready for Monday.

TheDon

Muckdog
Reaction score
Hanley has to come out of last nite's game no later than the 7th inning,

Ridiculous.

Marlins2003

Muckdog
Reaction score
Hanley has to come out of last nite's game no later than the 7th inning,
Ridiculous.

I'm using Don's post to jump off of but I agree with everyone from the first on down who have to wonder why was he out there in the eighth and ninth innings with a mega-lead and Amezaga on the bench (unless perhaps, it dawns on me, AA is a little knicked up himself but assuming he isn't).

Ramirez defensively is not able to make even routine plays and watching him run is agonizing. I know the guy is a gamer and those making decisions are closer to and have more facts at their disposal than I do but I admit to being a bit nuts in the game thread last night when the Marlins had built enough of a lead that he didn't need to be there. Worse came to worse, since Boone was in the game, either he or Miggy(we're talking six outs here) could have slid in there, however you want to do it, and Jacobs plays first if AA isn't available.

Sure baffled me why he played the whole game.

Hammerhead

Muckdog
Reaction score
Exactly. He came up gimpy twice on his way to first base. I'm sure Gonzalez knew. That was ridiculous. Hopefully he doesn't play a full 9 innings again tonight.

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score
He needs to sit or go on the DL until that hammy is healed.

He should have easily had 2 infield hits last night, and he barely had one (and thats because Woodward has a crap arm)

Hammerhead

Muckdog
Reaction score

He should have easily had 2 infield hits last night, and he barely had one (and thats because Woodward has a crap arm)
If he goes to the DL, do you think its possible Josh Labandeira or Scott Seabol get a call?

Mauer7

Muckdog
Reaction score
I'm surprised nobody's mentioned that we should fire Fredi.

Ramp

Muckdog
Reaction score

If he goes to the DL, do you think its possible Josh Labandeira or Scott Seabol get a call?
Well neither is on the 40 man, and while we may have a spot open, I doubt we waste it on one of them. More likely Andino.

Marlins2003

Muckdog
Reaction score
I'm surprised nobody's mentioned that we should fire Fredi.

Don't worry, it's early... :D

Mainge

Muckdog
Reaction score
I can't believe we didn't pull him last night. I'd 15 day DL him and call up Andino.

Make sure that hammy's completely healed.

fanofthefish

Marlins Historian
Reaction score
Didn't Hanley miss sometime last season with a hammie too? I remember Andino playing at TB last year, I can't remember if it was the hammie.

TSwift25

Muckdog
Reaction score
I think the real kick in the teeth is that with him having played last night, you can't retroactively DL him.

He probably needs another week off, but I don't think we can afford to lose him for 15 days, nor do I think that the extra 8 days will do him all that much good as far as healing goes.

All I'm saying was that I was shocked to see him in that condition last night after it seemed in the Brewers series that he was being held out until he was unquestionably 100%, and there's certainly a question.

Madman81

Muckdog
Reaction score
He just wasn't turning on the burners last night. On purpose.

TSwift25

Muckdog
Reaction score
He just wasn't turning on the burners last night. On purpose.

The one hit were he did get the infield single he turned them on, then pulled up gingerly running through the bag, as he did every time he had to run to first.

Maybe I was seeing something totally different, but it was the acceleration that was an issue, it was the slowing down. That means problems could occur if he were to have to leg out a double, or lord forbid, a triple right now.

Top Bottom